I was diagnosed with PSOC (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome) 2 years ago. Therefor, I harldy EVER get periods. It is May now and I have no had a period since December of last year. Lately I have been feeling bloated and spotted dark brown period blood last week for only a day. My husband and I are trying to get pregnant but nothing works. My breasts are also sore, but no to the touch. I feel like a 10 year old just starting to grow boobs!!! I have taken 2 pregnancy tests and it has been 2 months now since all of these symptoms. I really hate feeling fat and I am extremely MOODY! Is there anyone out there that have been trying to get pregnant with PSOC? Is it possible I am pregnant? Please help!

My situation at present is that I am still suffering from PCOS, and recently had an ultrsound to check if my situation had improved. The results from my pelvic ultrasound showed that currently I have no cysts on my ovaries, However I am aware that I will have this syndrome for life. The reason why I am emailing you in detail is mainly because I know what your going through!

I have not had a period since December of last year 2006 and have stopped Metaformin reason being that I was taking it for 1 year after meeting with you and still did not have a period. My partner and I have tried for a baby this year for the past eight months and have continuosly been unsuccesful. Just recently I have had bleeding and gained a bit of weight of my stomach, my breasts are swollen, I have minor headaches throughtout the day and I am extremely tired, not to mention my mood swings. After taking all of this into consideration, to me it sounds like I am pregnant. I have taken numerous urine pregnancy tests and they have resulted in negative, after speaking with my local, he agreed to give my a blood test, that was also recorded as a negative result. Do you know what I should do?.. Im so upset.

I am having the same situation happen to me. Like, I think I am pregnant but not sure because the tests all come back negative. What's up?? And, I just recently got diagnosed with pcos like only about 2 weeks ago. I've been trying to be better at eating and stuff. But, I wanted to know did you hear anything back?? Are you pregnanct?? PLease let me know!!

Thanks!
Kara

HI to all of you who have PCOS ,

We've been trying to get pregnant for almost 4 years and I have been diagnosed with PCOS for 2years now .After being back and forth between the western and traditional easter medicine , and litterally missing my periods for mores than 6 months every years , I was given Metformin ( actually I had to study hard on each topics related to PCOS and fertility until I came accross an article about Metformin and I asked my doctor to give it to me ! ) and it worls ! My periods are back.I have a normal cycle of 28 days now .But no babies yet .
I feel really good about having a regular cycle and this is giving me hope that one day I may get pregnant....And if not ,at least I have a normal body .So don't give up and don't stress yourselves .Stress is the No 1 feeder to all your problems .
Peace and love :-)

Hey all,

I know exactly what you are going through. I as well was just diagnosed with PCOS. My husband and I found out after we had been try to conceive with no luck. It's been 11 months since we first started trying, at around 5 month of trying with no luck and no period I went to see the doctor to find out what was wrong. Well a very long story and two doctors later I finally found out that I had PCOS. My 2nd doctor started me on birth control for two months to try and regulate my cycle and get the ovaries to kind of clean out and then put me on clomid, which will make me ovulate. I'm not sure how it's going to turn out yet as I'm suppose to be ovulating right now so hopefully with in the next couple of weeks I'll find out if I'm pregnant.

I have the PCOS syndrome i was diagnosed with it about 4 years now i have been with my partner for 10 years now and we wanted a baby so bad ever since we got together but nothing so we went to my ob gyn and i was diagnosed with PCOS so he sent me to a infertility specialist about an hour from where i live and was on metformin and clomid for about 9 months and had like 4 artificial insimination and nothing so i just gave up cause i was getting sad and depressed. But to my surprise after 2 months of stopping my medications i got preggo but didn't find out i was preggo until after 4 months and now i have a healthy 2 year old boy and now we are trying to have another baby but nothing i have been feeling different and and had 2 home pregnacys done but negative went to the family doc for a blood test but also negative so i called my ob gyn 2 see if they can do a ultrasound to find out whats wrong with me. but anyways hope this was helpful.

I have been diagnosed with pcos I was on metformin for 9 years but when I saw a consultant and wanted a baby he did all the tests and comined metformin with clomid after 3 months i fell pregnant i now have a baby girl she is so beautiful please do not give up i know its horrible not knowing but there is hope out there you need the right doctor

i was diagnosed with pcos a year ago and i am now 5 weeks pregnant, we didnt try so we were realy shocked! :-D

Hi
I was diagnosed with pcos syndrome 10 yrs ago my partner and i have been trying to have a baby for 5 yrs now. I am 23 now and never thought it could really affect my chances of conceiving when they told me at the age of 13 now im extremly worried that i'll never get the chance to be a mum. I have a period every month but still dont manage to conceive does that mean that im ovulating or not i dont no i feel very confused and depressed i cry every month when i see my period an its as if the doctors dont take me seriously they keep telling me its ok it will happen eventually its not that much of a problem. well it is to me worrying every month weather i'l every be able to have a child. Is there anyone out there who can give me some advise pleaseeeeeeeeeee?

Don't give up hope. Get yourself as healthy as you can and try to stay positive. - easier said than done, I know! I got married eight years ago, last year, after all that time trying, I finally fell pregnant. I had lots of negative experiences with Doctors and in the end decided to take matters into my own hands. I began exercising really regularly, went on the Atkins diet (low carb) and religiously took vitamins. It seemed to work 'cos two and a half months later I was pregnant.
I remember sitting crying at the thought of never having kids but it did eventually happen. Now we're about to start trying for another one.
Good luck, I really hope it works out for you.

ok my name is brittany, i am 15 and have been diagnosed with pcos for about 3 yrs now. i know im young but i am having symptoms of pregnancy, like my "period" only lasted like 5 days and was just a dot every day! i have been gaining weight and it feels like a nerve jumping in my belly.i have been feeling kinda sick but not to the point of puking. my skin used to be like rlly clear and now is starting to get rlly greasy and breaking out. i have taken two pregnancy tests and they said negative. im not on the pill and havent been for sometime. me and my bf dont use condoms and we think i might possibly need to go to the doc. but im afraid to tell my dad and stepmom i suspect anything i rlly need help on what to do and find out if i am pregnant or not and what symptoms other ppl with pcos had when they had kids.

I see that no one has posted in a long time, But I was actually looking for support for pregnancy symptoms that repeatedly are negative.
I have had PCOS gees for a really long time, 13 years maybe. I'm 35. Went through fertility drugs when I was younger, with no luck. but 11 years ago I got pregnant on my own. then only pregnancy I have ever had, never been on birth control. my pregnancy was hard. preterm labor at 28 weeks. hospitalized for 50 days til I had my son. We would of loved to of had another child.. but my body doesn't work right. but every few months I get the very obvious pregnancy symptoms. I hate them. I get my hopes up....fall for it every time. I but a test...and as soon as I take it, My cycle starts. This time, I just had my cycle...but I have the symptoms back....after reading this and realizing more women go through this. anyway, I am heavy now....mid section. man hair....but I am not alone...

I have had female issues for about 20 years, but wasn't diagnosed with PCOS until about 5 years ago. My fiance and I tried for a baby for over 10 years, even using fertility drugs along with Metformin. It didn't work, but I continued to take Metformin. I slowly started losing weight (about 60 pounds in 1 1/2 years). We had given up on trying for a baby. Even doctors had said unless I went to a fertility specialist, the odds of me getting pregnant were slim to none. However, we got a miracle Christmas morning: a positive pregnancy test. I couldn't believe it. I even took another test later in the day: positive. So for those of you suffering from PCOS, I encourage you to not give up. Losing weight combined with Metformin did the trick for us. Our little bundle of joy should arrive at the end of August. Good luck to you all. :-D

i have been diagnosed with pcos for about a year now. i have been feeling different latley i havent been trying to have a baby but i am having what i think are symptoms of being preggo, such as bloating,tired, getting sick,and fever with head ach.i also get dizzy. im not sure if it is that or if something is going wrong with my pcos, i am getting scared i am going to the doc tomarrow, but im not sure of what to ask him to do i have heard of women with pcos getting pregnant and dot pee tests and blood test and saying negative,but finally they did a ultrasound and found out that they where pregnant the whole time.

Hi all. I am a 37 yr old woman. I was told at the age of 15 that I had PCOS and my chances of ever having babies were so slim. My best chance was to have medsical help to have them. However, this is very expensive. I was married for 10 yrs but with him for 15. For about 14 yrs we tried and nothing happened. Now with my PCOS I am on the very far end of it as I next to nevere get my period. I can go yrs without it. I don't miss it but at the same time it has played with my chances of having kids. I did however find out that when I had my galbladder out they noticed that I do ovulate just not sure when or how often. I have since left my ex husband for unrelated issues and have a new man. We have been together for 1 yr now and since Jan I have been getting my period. I have been taking my temp and having sex every second day since my period ended. I noticed that on one of the days we were to have sex that my temp spiked and I was getting the feelings of my period starting. I hope that I was ovulating. It has been 20 days since that day and I still have the same feelings like my rag will start. I am bloated in the abdoman area and feel slightly sick off and on. My breasts also have a slight tenderness but not to the touch. However, I have taken a home test and it is neg. I know that the tests for ovulation can not be used by someone with PCOS so I wonder if the home preg tests would be that way too. Now I had taken a few pounds off prior to this and was able to buy a smaller pant size, but now have to go back to the old ones. I don't know if I am pregnant or not, so I am hoping a blood test or ultra sound will tell. About 1 week ago I had one spot the size of a toonie and light pink. Nothing else since then. However, there is hope to all out there I know of a few people with this condition who now have babies. Good luck to all. I believe it will happen when it is ment to. I know how you feel trust me. Every time I find out I am not I cry and part of me dies. My fingers are crossed this time.