My sister was diagnosed with pcos 3 years ago. She wants to have a baby and she knows nothing about influence of that syndrome on her and baby’s health in pregnancy. I’m not sure how safe it is for women with diagnosis of pcos to have babies. She is 28. I’d like to hear something about possibly risks related to pregnancy and pcos.

Well, that is true that women with pcos may experience more health problems during pregnancy than the other. I have pcos either and during pregnancy developed gestational diabetes. I knew about this risk and also knew that there were increased risk of development pregnancy induced high blood pressure and even miscarriage. Miscarriage can happen due to hormone imbalance. With regular checks that all pregnant women should have, not only those with pcos, I believe that complications can be avoided, or at least lowered to minimum. She should check her hormone level first and consult her gyn about ovulation medications, if she needs them.

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 15 years old. I am now 25, going to celebrate my son's 2nd birthday in November! I had no problems whatsoever with my pregnancy, though, ALL the nurses and doctor at our local CLSC said I will develop preeclamsia, gest. diabetes, miscarriage, etc... DID NOT HAPPEN! I had one of the most healthiest pregnancies ever! :-D
I got through this by what my mother, also a nurse, said to me: MIND OVER BODY. And my pediatrician at that time (when I was a minor) told me that ALL PCOS Symptoms disappear when you lose weight (at least 10% of your weight)... and what is the number 1 symptom of PCOS; INFERTILITY! I lost 75 pounds and got pregnant, WHILE ON THE PILL!!!
So, to Betty, you can tell your sister to lose 10% of her weight, and keep walking alot during pregnancy, eat well, take the prenatal vitamin everyday, and to always think POSITIVE.
Remember that PCOS and DIABETES share the same concept: if you lose weight, you lose all the symptoms!

When it comes time to get pregnant, all we ladies got to do is HAVE FUN! STAY POSITIVE! AND ENJOY LIFE!

Hi Im new to this site.

I was diagnosed with PCOS 2 years ago. Me and my partner are trying for a baby so was put on Metformin, i have been on this for 4 months. I have had 2 regular cycles at 31 days and 32 days other previously being up to 60days and dropped when i started taking this.
This month i have gone over to 36 days, on the running to my period my nipples were sore but the day i was due the period it stopped, 2 days later my nipples became sore again.
Does anyone suspect pregnancy?