Hi, I was advised to take hormones for PCOS, but I would rather try some herbal remedies. Is Vitex or it’s combinations for regulating women hormone status appropriate for treatment of PCOS?

Hi, I have been using a herbal supplement based on Vitex, Licorice and some other herbs to treat my PCOS. It is said that licorice reduces serum testosterone so I hope I will have no more facial hair, acne and finally these boring cysts as well. Researches suggest that licorice affects androgen metabolism and deceases it’s concentration in serum. Already after first month of applying licorice decline is noticed and it increases with time. And study showed that it doesn’t affect level of progesteron and LH. Agnus castus or "vitex" is often used to treat symptoms of female hormonal imbalances such as the depression, cramps, mood swings, water retention. It is also used to help unpleasant symptoms of menopause and PMS.

:-D I have been using vitex for 2 years and had a regular cycle every month. I have pcos and vitex is a miracle herb.

:-D Hi! This is soonergal32. I was the guest who wrote about vitex. I have suffered with pcos for all my adult life. The vitex and whole grain diet have helped better than the clomiphene ever did. So as to the question about Do herbs work? YES they do.

Hello, I have PCOS, and have had a period in 1 1/2 yrs. Last one induced by dr. I started taking Vitex about 3wks ago, hoping it will at least regulate me, and hopefully I will conceive, because I feel my fertile yrs will pass me up. Please post some success stories, need to hear the good news on Vitex. I have faith that the Lord will bless me with a child someday, but it's always builds faith to hear about the other miracle pregnancies. God bless you. :-D

Hey, Vitex is a miracle herb for me as well; I'm regular now! Yay! Perhaps my cysts are even gone. I'm going to have my doctor look at my ovaries next week. Of course, coupled with any kind of herbal (or even medical) treatment really should be the effort towards better general health. I'm happy to say my weight is down from 175 to 140 and I hope to shed a few more pounds, maybe even reach my high school weight of 125 (or maybe 135 is enough ;-). I fear for laides who are overweight or obese and trying to conceive, because it just may not happen. Good luck with the bettering of health and the trying of Vitex!

i have just been diagnosed with pcos and looking for some herbal rem,
seen lots of porst about vitex, just want to know what type of dose to take and if there are any side effects? also were do i get them from?

I just started taking vitex this week, and have high hopes. i also have pcos! you can get it at a whole foods store or gnc. i got 100 caplets for 11.59 at gnc. Im taking 2 a day to start off with (one in the morning one at night) then going to go down to 1 a day. they are 500mg a piece. Good luck. and baby dust to all..

I just wanted to post and say I think I am going to discuss the Vitex option with my dr.
I have PCOS and was trying to get pregnant. I have taken Clomid, Gluco-NASTY as I call it and even provera. All of which I had issues with GIANT blood clots, hemorrhaging, and diahria. . On 2 occasions I ended up in the ER or in the Dr's office to say that these symptoms were all normal. To go home and keep taking the pills and prescribed. I later became anemic Need less to say my husband hated seeing me go through all this and nothing happen. I am now using the Nuva ring so I can have a cycle. My cycles are now normal...but I am starting to think I want to try to have a baby. Afterall I will be 29 in 14 days.
.

My name is Kara and I am 28.
Thank you for writing a post that I can connect with. I found out I have PCOS last year. Always knew something was wrong with me, but my doctors always said it's just stress. My husband and I tried to conceive. I tried Clomid, IUI, and hormone injections. Nothing was successful. We are over that and are anxiously waiting to adopt. YEAH!

Anyway, I did try Vitex for a few months on my own. I didn't seek help from a doctor, but decided just to try it. It did help me stay regular with a 28 day cycle, but I lost clumps of hair (luckily I have thick hair). I stopped taking it and decided on a strict low carb diet and aggressive exercise. I then lost 20 pounds and now have the most normal periods ever (about 31 to 37 days) that's normal for me. After reading posts I may try Vitex again just to see how my body responds. Please keep me updated on your stories using vitex.

hi
I am digonosed with pcos in 2007 and I am using provera to induce the periods. but now i also want to try vitex. Thanks for us replys coz I found them helful.

Hi, I just found out that I have PCOS today. Me and my husband have been trying for a baby for 13 months when I went to the doctor for missing my period for 2 months. I am very discouraged because I want kids so bad. :'(

Does Vitex really work??

I have been suffering with Poly Cystic Ovaries since I was very little. I'm now 26 years old. I've been getting regular headaches and migraines since I was three years old. They have obviously gotten worse since my hormones kicked in and as I got older.My periods are regular, just a little heavy in the first couple of days. But my other problem with it is, the amount of body hair it gives me. I spend an absolute fortune on waxing, unfortunately my hair is dark and thick. Needless to say, my body confidence is very low. I have facial hair and hair on other parts of my body where it makes me feel embarrassed. I live in Beijing and I'm considering taking some kind Chinese traditional medicine for it. I don't want to pump my body full of drugs, but I'm an actor and I have to be okay with people looking at me!! So I want to find a way to deal with this without screwing my body up with drugs. This vitex seems to be the way to go or is there something else that people know of in China? I look forward to hearing a response. Many thanks!

HI IM 21 YRS OLD, I HAVE BEEN SUFFERING FROM PCOS AND IRREGULAR PERIODS FOR A LONG TIME, I WANT TO KNOW MORE ABOUT VITREX. I HAVE PROVERA FOR REGULAR PERIODS, MY DOC SAYS THAT I SHOULDNT HAVE IT REGULARLY AS IT INCREASES MY WEIGHT. WILL I BE ABLE TO EVER CONCIEVE? I FEEL VERY LOW AND BAD ABOUT MYSELF BECAUSE OF PCOS. IM NOT MARRIED, WILL THIS DISEASE EVER AFFECT MY MARRIED LIFE AND SEXUAL HEALTH?? PLEASE HELP ME AND TELL ME HOW TO USE VITEX PROPERLY OR ANY OTHER REMEDY YOU ALL MAYU BE KNOW,IF YOU CAN THEN PLEASE DO ALSO MAIL ME AT . GOD BLESS THANK YOU!!

The best natural PCOS remedies are not about a few herbs like vitrex.

It requires a real change in your lifestyle, exercise and eating habits to fix the root cause of the condition which is insulin resistance.

My sister suffered from PCOS and after she changed how she ate and started exercising more and a whole bunch of other lifestyle changes she lost a lot of weight and this immediately started to reverse fer PCOS.

No quick fix, just get the right information then act on it accordingly across your whole lifestyle to cure PCOS.