:-Di have pcos and trying to become pregnant does vitex help?

I know nothing about that lol. But I have PCOS, and my doctor prescribed me Metformin...it's has helped alot so far, regulating periods and losing weight! Ask your doc about metformin ;-)

For those reading this forum:

PCOS is a complex topic for those not immersed in human physiology, but can be as simple as diabetes to treat with lifestyle and a few helpers. There are many pathways involved with PCOS involving insulin, cortisol, estrogen, progesterone, thyroid, adrenal, etc. I am not your doctor, but I can tell you that in general, I find Vitex helpful for balancing hormones in many women. It's inexpensive, over the counter and has low risk.

Exercise is amazing for PCOS and the insulin resistance/diabetes that trends with the disorder. I'd try exercise before metformin for blood sugar regulation (and ultimately other hormone effects) because you can halt the whole diabetes process with a little daily sweat and drive to be healthy for your baby. The vast majority of women with PCOS I've seen have the ability to regulate their menses with exercise, good nutrition and maybe some herbal support, such as vitex.

I'm not the kind of doctor who likes long term medication. That being said, if you're over 30, not having a period and want to get pregnant, you may want to consider asking your doctor about Metformin. It is not working the same way as Vitex at all, as the herb works directly on your brain to regulate your sex hormones, but in many people, it can preserve their fertility in the later years of your reproductive life.

There are many, many more options & I wouldn't have mentioned Metformin if not for the previous post. Just remember that you can do a lot with a healthy diet and exercise & if you lose motivation for those things, know that your health is incredibly related to baby - you've got a reason to really try.