My periods usually last 7 days but this month its been 9 days and hasn't stopped. I haven't had sex in months so I know I'm not pregnant but I am in the process of getting over a really bad flu (taking Tamiflu, Tylenol, and Motrin) which i got the 2nd day of my period. This bleeding looks like the normal period bleeding since it was heavy in the beginning and now is really really light. Should I be concerned or is this due to my illness?

Hi! I found that this is called Menorrhagia. Menorrhagia is menstruation at regular cycle intervals but with excessive flow and duration. It is defined as total blood loss exceeding 80 ml per cycle or menses lasting longer than 7 days. Are you taking any medicine that is known to cause abnormal uterine bleeding? You should probably talk to your gynecologist about this. Take care.

hi. in 26 and have a question. I can skip my periods for up to a year from the age of 15. Then in july of last year i started spotting one day every week for 6 months and now i have been bleeding for two months nonstop. i have been to many doctors and they all say the same that nothing looks wrong. can yall help me

I know that menstrual cycle varies from woman to woman, so for some women it is normal to skip their period for a month or two. I have a friend who regularly skip her period over the entire summer o.O and in September her period is back. And this happens every year! It sounds crazy but her doctor says that's perfectly normal. But, I have never herd that it can be normal to bleed nonstop for two months! Have you done a pelvic ultrasound or an endometrial biopsy? Have you checked your hormones? I'm not an expert, but I am a woman :-)