[Today is Sunday, January 10th.] I've been taking birth control pills for the past 1 and 1/2 and they've been doing their job to regulate my menstrual cycle [every 28 days and lasts for 5 days]. I was suppose to have started my period last Saturday. But last Saturday when I noticed blood coming from my vaginal area it was NOT like my normal period. With my normal periods I bleed heavy the first 2 and 1/2 days, then the last 2 and 1/2 days is when my period starts slowing down and then day 5 is the last day of my cycle. I put a pad on (thinking that it was my period). But when I went to the restroom a few hours later there was no blood discharge on the pad. Between two Saturday's ago and last Tuesday I continued to put pads on thinking that may be my period was just starting slow this month and would pick up, but come Sunday evening when my blood flow was not heavy like it normally is (during the first day of my regular periods) I started freaking out-thinking that something is wrong. The only time I noticed blood from my vaginal area was when it would show on the toilet paper after having used the restroom. And between that Saturday and that Tuesday when I did finally get some blood on my pad it wasn't heavy enough to make me convinced that it was my period- it was only some spotting-and the colour was sometimes a brownish colour and at other times a pinkish colour (not the red that I usually get with my periods). It wasn't until last Wednesday morning that I started bleeding heavy like I normally do with my periods-giving me the impression that I didn't actually start my normal period (with normal amount of blood flow that I get with my periods) until last Wednesday. My period should have gone on until Sunday-finishing today, but it finished yesterday instead.
It's frustrating Confused me not knowing what's going on with/inside of my body :( that would have caused this spotting that I had.
If someone can help me with this "current unknown discovery" I will be very greatly thankful towards them.
If provdiing you with some more information will help then I will give you some other basic info. about me.
AGE: 23
CRAMPS: Yes. With my normail periods I usually get mild to severe cramps. This month they were light cramps.
SEXUALLY ACTIVE: Yes (I have a boyfriend of more than 4 months) [A couple of weeks ago I was on some prescription antibiotics and my boyfriend and I had unprotected intercourse]

Hi Sarah! No matter how long you have had normal periods, for unknown reason you just get a weird period for no reason and it doesn't happen again OR can happen the next month too! Sometimes its from illness, sometimes from stress, exercise, diet etc. and sometimes for NO reason at all! When you are on antibiotics they only lower the effectiveness of BCP by maximum 1 percent, so you are still 98% covered! So don't worry about that OK? It will be fine next month! I always say this is why I KNOW God IS a man!!! ;-) XD

:D Thank you very much for helping to put my mind at ease.

Hi I am in the same boat. I had sex with my husband(excuse me for being blunt), on march 14, and the 15th twice. We were also intimate on the day that I was suppose to start my cycle but I didn't start. Not only did it not start, but when I did start it only lasted for 4 days. it is now the next month obviously, and I think that I just ovulated but I'm not sure. Is it a possibility that I could still be pregnant? if I have to have another baby I will but I already have four( birthed three), and although I know I should have used some form of protection, I dont need anymore more children.

Hi I was supposed to have my period on Dec. 31, I had sex with my husband that day and had light red spotting, so I thought it was coming on, but 1hr later nothing. The next 2days I had nothing then Thursday I started getting light brown spotting. Today is Saturday and now I have blood in the washroom but nothing on the pad. I had a reversal 1yr ago, we are trying to conceive. My period has never been this late before. Cycles usually 30 days apart, ovulate around day 17. Waiting to see a new OBGYN.