I have a friend that is so worried she might get pregnant. Before her last menstruation, she noticed spotting. Since she has boyfriend and non-protection sex all the time, she is worried. That is why I am writing you here asking for help. Can you tell us what spotting before period means, because we heard sometimes woman might have easy period even if she is pregnant.

It is true that we have reported cases where woman had menstrual bleeding even if they were pregnant. That is rare, so rare some people do not believe this. More common is spotting before period should occur, as sign of implantation. Since your friend experienced spotting before her period, it could not be any of these cases. I doubt she might be pregnant according to the symptoms you reported. That is why I would recommend her to buy test for pregnancy, she may get it in any pharmacy. This is almost 100% sure way, besides waiting few months of waiting to be sure. If test shows negative, I would recommend her to make an appointment with her gynecologist. Spotting or any kind of bleeding during any day of her cycle should be checked. There are many reasons for this, and each woman should take care about health of her reproductive system.

I did find this useful as I miscarried approx 14 wks ago and I have now had spotting 1 week before my period is due, I do want to try for another baby, but I am frightened of miscarrying again.

I have been advised about folic acid, but when I try this I bleed also, it's not bad or painful and I have been cleared for cervical cancer September last year. I have been with my partner for five and a half years and I ave had no other sexual partners in that time.
Any ideas ???
I am going to buy a pregnancy test tomorrow, so if any one is in the same boat I will let you know how it comes out.

the spotting you speak of is most likely due to a lower amount of progesterone than normal. she's not pregnant. but then again, since you asked this question six years ago and said she had unprotected sex "all the time", she's probably pregnant with her fourth child by now. use protection people - go to planned parenthood or go to the drugstore.

i have never had spotting before my period before and this month i had spotting about a week before my period. i am a little worried i might be pregnant. I took a pregnancy test yesterday and it was negative. i also just got my period today. could i be pregnant? or is it something else?

My Friend had never had spotting before her period she felt woozy after some runs and claims shes been moody this month she had spotting yesterday and got her period today shes extremely worried she might be pregnant. could she be pregnant? or something else?

Are you people for real? Having unprotected sex will lead to a pregnancy, use protection! Getting your period means you are not pregnant. If you think you may be pregnant, don't ask the internets, go to the nearest dollar store and buy a test. It's cheaper than a freaking cheeseburger at McDonalds. Seriously, people!

un true,, i had my period regularly for the first trimester when pregnat with my son,, he was born healthy on time,, my obgyn said that sometimes it happens with your body adjustining although it is rare,, always ask your doctor you never want to put your health or possiably your babies health at risk..

Hello, Im 19. My BF and i dont use pertection my period was about 3 weeks late. than i got spotting, and the amazingly horrible cramps and heaving bleeding for about 6 hour than went into this brownish stuff now every bathroom break, there is pink when i wipe.. i had a miscarage in january at about a month pregnant. some of my bf's family, unckles and such cant have kids. i heard that the foggier the ejaculation the more sperm, sometimes its foggier than others.. could i be pregnant? I get tention headachs, bad acidreflex when i try and lay down for bed, Im always hungry(I never used to eat that much). I smoke and i went downtown knowing my period was late, it was my bday on july 8th 2010. anyways my last period was june 21st and i started spotting august 5th..

I need some help. Im 23 years old and i usually have regular on time periods... mine was two days late and i thught i had started...i was spotting..and that was on sunday...then on thursday i started bleeding like regular...and it hasnt stopped its now saturday..could i be pregnant i am terrified to take a pregnancy test but my boyfriend does know the situation..someone please give some advice.

Hi, I am 27, trying to get pregnant for last 5 months with no results. I have 27-30 days long cycles. I spot for 2 days before each period and have 3 days long period after that. Do I have a problem? Is spotting a sign of infertility