I am 37 yrs. old, 5'7/150, never pregnant. I got off the BC pill for about a year at 35yoa, which I had been on since 16yoa for bad cramps. I got back on the pill (Nortrel)because my period was getting really heavy & my cramps were unbearable. My cramps/ periods got worse, where I was bleeding thru tampons every hour. My GYN suggested DeproProvera, & advised me that some side affects include spotting... That was in Oct 2008. I had 3 shots Oct- Nov 2008. I never stopped bleeding. My GYN switched me to Ogestrel & my period stopped for a week then started again. I have been on Seasonique since Jan 25. I had a laparascopy on Jan 15, & my GYN found 3 fibroid tumors on my uterus, which he left (why?) It is now the end of Feb, & I have not stopped bleeding & I'm still having painful cramps. I'm going to a new GYN, but not until the end of March. I have a boyfriend, we would like to marry and have kids someday. Sex is a problem when I'm bleeding all the time, too. I am miserable.

i feel very sorry for you to have gone through all this.

my suggestion was going to be have a hysterectomy, because that will solve your problem, but then i read your comment about wanting to have children.

maybe the new GYNO will come up with a better solution for you.

I hope the new doc will have something that works... I made the appointment with the new GYNO several weeks ago and the end of March was the earliest I could get in. I'm concerned about the fibroids causing problems with future pregnacies and my GYNO suggested the use of Lupron which puts you in temporary menopause to shrink the fibroids. Then once off of the Lupron, you attempt to get pregnant. After the DeproProvera disaster, I'm a little skittish about hormonal resolutions and would actually rather seek a surgical approach... I still don't understand why the GYN didn't take out the fibroids during the last surgery, which was a laparoscopy to see if I had endometriosis. I didn't specifically say, "If you find something, take it out"... I guess I mistakingly assumed that was what would happen and anything else would be a waste of time... silly me.