I seem to identify greatly with Persistent Genital Arousal Disorder(PGAD) I read an article on this and was immediately comforted.  After several years of receiving unwanted genital arousal and it was getting worse by the day, finally something tangable.  It is not fully developed as treatment goes.  I can tell you that my life is not mine anymore.  I suffer daily all day and it usually takes me several hours to get ready to go somewhee, usually giving up.  I am by nature a very social person, however when I am around people I feel nervous and I really have a tough time in discussions other than this...of course and very few people really want to listen.  Makes them unfomfortable.  Lately, I have wanted to just give up.  I am a prisioner in my own body.  Plese if anyone out there can identify.

I know that you are not alone in this disorder. There are more and more people that are coming forward with this. I seen several documentaries about this and there are some treatment. Some of them are better than others. I will tell you that you need to do your own reserch and you really have to dig deep. I believe that sometimes you have to to do it yourself. Giving up is never an option. So you give up and two years later they discover that it's caused by in unbalanced level of hormones stored in your cells and now are able to regulate it with hor mone therapy. This is just an example of just not waiting to see what the next day will bring. Look here is the bottom line. Sometimes God gives us bad things in our lives that we have to live with. I suffer from chronic back pain but I thank God for it. I know it sounds crazy but what you have and I have is not fun but we are alive and every day we have hope. As long as you have breath in your body, you have hope that it will stop or there will be a cure. So don't give up, get busy and do something about it. Live your life! 

Yes I agree with you to a point. Having a husband who is a Dr, and his field was infectious diseases...I have found great comfort in a Dr, that I finally found who is ready to help me and call in others. Of course I am grateful and from experience I know that I will be grateful for this disorder. I am so tired. Tjamk you for writing back.