I have been recently experiencing an odd tingling sensation in my clitoris similar to the beginnings of an orgasm. It's the type of tingling that if you climax during masturbation would afterwards go away but it isn't! No matter what I do - baths, creams & even touching myself - it just will not go away. It's extremely irritating as relaxing in order to sleep is tricky. When I'm occupied, the feeling is not so bad because my attention is directed elsewhere. It's also kind of like the feeling that you have to pee but the feeling seems to be coming from the clitoris or somewhere deep within where this nerve area extends to! It is just annoying because I'm not too hormonal and its just weird to have this feeling that is not pleasurable and when you're not even sexually aroused!I am a virgin so it's not something caused by somebody else. Its been happening for the past 2 months and I'm at a complete loss at what to do. I went to gynecologist--nothing wrong during physical exam, no UTIs. I even did an ultrasound and bladder/pelvis/kidneys looked fine! The feeling is better actually when I'm holding in pee/not going to the bathroom---I don't know if that's just because now my mind has to concentrate on two feelings so I can't feel the other one as much. Please help from anyone who has had similar experiences or just any advice on what to do or how to stop it would be much appreciated.

this is the only "out of the ordinary" feeling--nothing wrong with peeing, such as burning, itching, etc. 

How old are you. 

im 20 almost 21

I have the same issue! Any luck in figuring out what it is???

Hi did u figure out what the issue is? It's happening to me also

no, my gynecologist thought it was IC---but i did not do any tests to get a proper diagnosis because i was just kind of fed up with the whole thing----now it has gotten a lot better through time (i can't say I'm totally normal, but close)

Hi, my name is Samantha. I'm 25 years old. Iv'e had 2 children.. but this started happening to me a year after my son was born so i don't believe it has anything to do with that. I started taking medicine called Mirtazapine otherwise known as Remeron. I was on 30MLG. Its use is to help with depression, anxiety other issues assorted with those. Well i found myself sleeping through the whole day, and when i was awake i was very agitated. Flipping on everyone and everything. So i was fed up, wanted to change the way things were for myself, and my children.. So i stopped taking it, without consulting it with my doctor. I just stopped taking it one day.. Didn't ween off, nothing. So about a week after i stopped taking it, i started experiencing a throbbing, pulsing, tingling sensation with my Clitoris. I had no idea what it was. I thought i was just very turned on. Thought i was going through what women describe to be the sexual peak in your life. Well I'm only 25 and they say that usually happens around 30-40 yrs old. So it was driving me nuts.. at first i tried masturbating about 10 times a day, which only made it more intense. So like you said, during the day while i kept myself busy, and didn't have much time to think about it, it subsided. Couldn't feel it as much. But at night time, trying to lay down and relax was VERY difficult. Damn near impossible. Just such an annoying feeling. It seemed to be the only thing on my mind. Couldn't watch t.v. Couldn't sleep. I mean i felt i was going out of my mind. Well i ended up going to the hospital because i thought something was severely wrong, i mean it was driving me so crazy i was getting depressed.. and then started thinking like do i have to live like this for the rest of my life.. Suicidal thoughts came and left. So went to the hospital, and the doctor looked.. said "Everything looks fine. Your clitoris is swollen and bruised a bit, possibly from rough sex. Have you had rough sex?" Well i told her about how i had masturbated like 10 times a day for the last 4 days because that's what i felt my clitoris was telling me to do". Everything was fine?! Then what is this? I have no discharge along with it, just the normal. There's no burning. No constant need to urinate. What was i experiencing. Well she said if this is still happening in 4-7 days make a OB/GYN appointment. She looked at me like i was crazy. I didn't go back to the doctors.. especially if they were going to treat me like i was making this up. Yeah ok. Well 4 months later i still have it. It's driving me nuts still. Well i got back on the Remeron (Mirtazapine) Only on a lower dose.. 15MLG. Well it helps subside when i take it at night. Makes it kind of manageable. I'm wondering if it has something to do with the medicine. A side effect of some kind. Maybe i should try and get back at my normal dose. I'd rather be aggravated & sleepy all day rather than feel this. If your having trouble sleeping take some benadryl. Yes the medicine that helps with colds, sinus infections all that. It gives you a relaxed sensation. I've also tried rubbing children teething cream on it. Because it numbs the mouth i figured it would numb down there. Well honestly it worked a little bit for me.. Unless that was just all in my head, i have no idea. But it helped me. My only concern is i don't want to have to pop so many sleeping pills a night in order to sleep. That's how you get liver damage. I too need help. I've looked into the sexual arousal disease. A lot of the symptoms apply. I've looked into this for the last 4 months. Did my research, and still have no clue. Anyone help. Please.

I'm going thru the same thing for years. I'm 31 and it began after having my son at the age of 21. I masturbate a lot, and after reaching an orgasm, I'm fine for the next 3 hours. I feel like I am turned on all the time. It is very frustrating. Dr.'s are telling me I'm fine. What I do is a little weird, but when I have my underwear on, I will take one of the sides and place it between the lips where it is right near the clitoris. It causes a small pressure so I don't think about it as much. It was embarrassing when I was grabbing my crouch all the time. Please let me know if you find anything.

Hello. Let me tell you my story. When I was 17 in college I started getting a weird stabbing pain in my groin and side. I thought I had apendacitus at first. Following that I was in bed one night an my clit started throbbing like I was turned on, but I wasn't. I'm quite prudish not into sex massively and never masterbate. However I felt I had to so I did but the feeling in my clit didn't go away. Like a constantly throbbing sometimes almost feels itchy. I did the wrong thing and googled it and it came up with PGAS and yep I was terrified kept crying and the symptoms got worse. After about a week they went and I forgot about it but it came back again a few weeks later so I spent days in bed depressed. It's not painful but it's distracting and uncomfortable and makes you feel ashamed. I suffered with utis so I went to drs and tried to explain it they took a sample and said I had an infection however I had no pain like usual when I urinate. I took the medicine but I got no better I think it was me though adding to it. The stress and panic thinking of what I read online.. It went on though on and off for over a year taking me into university. I actually started getting severely depressed and once took an overdose. I just couldn't handle how it made me feel. Meanwhile I saw a specialist about my utis and was put on ammatryptaline just a low dose. Then a miracle happened it went.. For 5 whole years with only 2 or 3 short spells which I worked out were linked to ovulation period. But.. I don't know if it was the ammatryptaline because I went through a break up from a 7 year old relationship and I was so unhappy and heartbroken I lost loads of weight and it was all I was thinking about so it took my mind off the weird sensation then I kinda just forgot bout it I've been traveling alone and everything in past few years.. But now.. It's back. The crazy thing is though I had the groin pain again!! And it was around ovulation time.. Now I am depressed again. It ruined Xmas. However thinking back now I can't excuse how there were times I didnt feel it then I'd be going on holiday with friends and worry I'd feel it so then it came back? It's almost like I'm creating it.. But I know I'm not because I hadn't thought about it in years this time. I think it's a hormonal problem an once it arrives u obsess an stress I also suffer from anxiety. I take the contraceptive pill now to try calm my hormones. I find when in desperate for a wee the feeling goes then soon as I wee it's back I'm so sorry this has happened to you try stay strong. I don't know what to do next because I allow it to ruin my life and I become a recluse and don't even want my bf to touch me and he doesn't understand. The feeling feels worse now and I think that's cus I'm typing about it. I find myself getting really drunk to try forget. I dunno what to do next :( x

I have the same problem too, ever since I was a kid, I'm 34 now, and so do probably a lot of other women in this world have the same problem, but I don't think anything is so strange about it because men go through the same thing, it's called hornyness yah hornyness and the only dam thing u can do, and mind u I'm feeling it in my clit right now so this is hard to type reading about this makes it worse, but all u can do is masterbate as much as needed or lol find someone that can do it for u lol Good Luck :-)

P.S. Then sleep tight :'*

i dont know if this is the same thing but i have an irritating really annoying feeling in my clitoris vaginal area aswell im 23 and have had it for god knows how long. It makes me feel really annoyed like im mad about something really weird.
It goes away but then it comes back randomly and then goes away after a day or two HELP ME PLEASE

Did you ever find out what this was? I have the same problem and it's driving me crazy!

I'm so glad I found this post,these are the EXACT same symptoms that I have and have had for years! I get the throbbing tingling feeling in my clitoris every few months and it lasts for a few days and then goes away with a course of antibiotics or just on it's own,itx extremely painful and irritating , it gets me so depressed and suicidal, it's the worst feeling I've ever felt, no one knows what it is or how to properly treat it, has anyone got any suggestions because it's driving me insane!!

I have had the same problem for almost a year now and while sitting down I constantly "hump" it feels deeper inside and can't get off cuz it's not my clip wanting sex it's just hard and irritating cuz it won't go away. It makes me feel like I need an orgasm but that's not it, I can't even climax. ( I'm on antidepressants too)

I'm sooooo glad I searched about this and you lovely ladies are going through the same horrid thing... Ive currently had a small vibrating toy on my clit for over a hour which is making it worse. Really is driving me mad dose anyone else ever feel like they can't or don't know how to cum? I can't bear anyone touching me there but my self. I can't deal with the awful nightmares I also get... I need help:(