I have recently found out that I have HPV, that causes Genital Warts. I've seen a lot of commercials for Valtrex, but that is for Genital Herpes. What is the different between Genital Warts and Genital Herpes. And can Valtrex be used for Genital Warts?

I have the same question. Can Valtrex be used to treat genital warts? I heard from a doctor today that it could be used successfully, but I have not found any litreature to back that up. Any information would be very, very appreciated.

Valtrex is actually an antiherpes medication, but it is under the classification of meds called, antivirals. Genital warts is caused by the virus called HPV (human papilloma virus)! Therefore, the Valtrex is being used as an antiviral against the HPV virus to prevent further occurrence or outbreaks of warts. That is the only reason they prescribed Valtrex for genital warts. That goes for the same with genital herpes as well, herpes is the herpes simplex virus type 2...valtrex is used to fight the virus.

Thanks!

Depending on factors such as the size and location of the genital warts, a doctor will offer you one of several ways to treat them. You should discuss treatment options with your doctor.

Sometimes genital warts will disappear without treatment. In other cases, they eventually may develop a fleshy, small raised growth that looks like cauliflower. There is no way to predict whether the warts will grow or disappear. If you suspect you have genital warts, you should be examined and treated, if necessary.

I have personally used Valtrex to treat my Genital Warts and it does work. I only started having problems again when I ran out of my prescription. So I cant say that it cures the Warts but Valtrex definitely alleviates the symptoms of Genital Warts. It worked for me

i went to the dr today and i went because i have hpv...genital warts..just found out a few weeks ago...which is stressful for i've been with the same guy for 13 years..the doctor done the freeze off thing which sucked and hurt pretty bad..but also wrote me out valtrex so ya its used to treat warts too..he told me it will help with future breakouts...only thing is when i got them filled,,,they are huge!! i looked up the side effects and that was discouraging but i know they work differently with each person...i have to go back in two weeks to finish with the freeze off thing because i was a big baby today and couldnt handle it just for two warts...but in my defense one of them is big....

i have genital warts. i use oxyfend zerowarts now. i's really good. i'm not sure how genital warts and genital herpes are different but i know that they're not the same thing. haven't tried valtrex.

Genital herpes are caused by the herpes simplex virus. It causes large blister like sores. They can be very red, swollen, and the sores can break open and puss. They are EXTREMELY painful. The first outbreak can last for weeks with medication and even longer without it.

Genital warts are caused by HPV. They are usually very small, flesh colored, and painless. They can be very itchy and annoying, but are usually not painful. They can appear in clusters or alone. The do NOT open and puss, because they are NOT sores. They are small bumps or raises in the skin.

Valtrex is used for type 1 and 2