Are there any over the counter steroid products that can quicken the stretching process for phimosis and if i saw a doctor about it do i just go to my normal doctor that i would for a cold as i dont think i have a GP and also if i did see a doctor what would they do? Thanks in advance :)

Hi JB,

See your doctor and they can get you a prescription strength cream that works. 

Stretch while you use the cream!

Remember, most guys don't use anything and they can retract their foreskin easily.  Don't be afraid of stretching.

Thanks Dan, what procedure would they go through when i see them?

Sorry i accidently put thumbs down

Hit thumbs up then :) Don't worry about it.

The doctor will examine your penis/foreskin and evaluate your options. A urologist would be the best doctor to see for this.

Don't be surprised to hear circumcision - but don't do it! Not until you've exhausted everything else.

The problem is that MANY doctors are circumcised. They don't understand fully what happens during puberty or how to treat a foreskin. You can always ask the doctor if he is circumcised or not. Don't be embarrassed, they've heard/seen it all.

Thanks for the help :)

Hello there. When it comes to phimosis treatment, sure that you can try those. But there are so many treatments that actually can help you and you need to consult your doctor before you start using them. Sometimes surgery is required, but I really don't want to scare you. Also, I know that a lot of people are telling you that you should stretch your foreskin back, but I would not recommend you to do this because it is really painful.  A lot of kids are doing this because they are ashamed to tell their parents about this. Don't be, they can only help you. 

Dan i tried stretching in the bath before and my foreskin is so tight that it dosent pull back at all, im seriously considering seeing a doctor but i don't know who too see. I don't know if i have a GP and would prefer to go without my parents. I know there is a sexual health clinic called Brooke that is part of the NHS that i could maybe visit and ask for them to examine the severity of it but i am really stuck. Ive really become stressed about this and really want it to retract but i feel stretching is out of the question as it is too tight. Ive done some research and seen that they can perform dorsal slits or something like that but that would be last resort. I also think i may have a short frenulem or string whatever the thing attaching my head to my foreskin is called and i think it may be the reason why i have phimosis. In my opinion i feel i need to be examined to have a proper professional opinion and hopefully if i find out were to go i will get some cream or ointment that might help with the stretching process as i really dont want to have surgery. I know i have been posting similar topics the last couple of days but im really in need of advice on who to see and what will the examination process involve. I would appreciate the advice, ive done some research into it but came up with nothing.

JB, am I correct in assuming you are 16?

I think I told you before that this is common. You can use your fingers to spread the opening. Don't expect it to happen overnight. It can take months. The more you work on it the faster the results.

Can you insert a finger between your foreskin and the glans (head)? If not, stretch first. The frenulum can also stretch once you start retracting.

I'm in the US and have no experience with National Health. Sorry.

Yes im 16 and i cant really fit my fingers in. I tried pulling back when i had an erection but it dosent pull back much at all. It seems to tight to be able to be fixed by stretching but i dont know and i understand it can take months but i just struggle to come to terms with it, it just seems depressing. I think i may have frenulem breve but i dont know.

I understand JB. Most guys don't talk about this but believe me, you are normal.

Stretching can work. You'll save yourself having a surgical procedure done and find it to make sex more pleasurable. Try pulling down on the shaft skin if you can't comfortably use your fingers. Do it several times a day.

Finally, be patient. You should notice changes shortly and in a few months be able to retract.

Good luck.

Thanks, i will try and persevere and hopefully if i get successfully results i will comment and let you know that you saved me.

Stretching is more important that the ointment.

Almost all boys are born with a foreskin that does not retract. This is normal. It takes years for the ability to retract to develop. About ½ of boys have a retractable foreskin by 10.4 years of age. Many adolescents still have foreskins that have tips that are too narrow to pass back over the penis head. These foreskins may be gently stretched over a period of time to cause them to widen.

It is normal for teens to have a foreskin that does not retract. One’s foreskin is still developing. If you want your foreskin to retract (not everyone wants a retractable foreskin), then you can help it develop ability to retract by stretching it.

If you choose to stretch your foreskin, then the goal is to have a foreskin that glides smoothly back and forth so as to provide maximum pleasure.

When your penis is erect, gently pull your foreskin back against the head of the penis. As the head attempts to pass through the foreskin it will stretch the skin a little. Do this several times every day and in a few weeks or months your foreskin will widen and you will be able to retract your foreskin. Do NOT force retraction. Do NOT cause yourself pain.

It works by tissue expansion. Stretching skin induces “mitosis” which is a word that means “division of cells”. New skin cells are formed and the skin expands but it takes some time. The increase in size is permanent. Be patient and give mitosis time to work.

The important thing is to put the skin under tension every day so that it will grow wider.

Search the Internet for:

“How to Fix Phimosis and Tight Foreskins, Solutions That Work”

and you will find the information and support you need.