Okay I really need some advice.

Basically, I am uncircumcised and suffering from a combination of Frenulum breve and Phimosis. Im 16 years old and have never been able to Successfully retract my foreskin over the head of my penis, and im very worried.

Ever since I began to notice this i've been constantly researching it on the internet. I have seen that in some situation's it is possible to treat both Frenulum Breve and Phimosis with daily stretching. Well, i've been stretching a lot lately and it hasn't seemed to help one bit.

The thing is, comparing my Frenulum to other examples in help sites, mine is extremely small and it seems like it might be impossible to retract it. Mixed with my obvious phimosis is making things even worse, the only time where I can stretch my foreskin to where I can see my Frenulum is when Im not hard, when Im hard i can barely get it over the top of the head.

I would really like to just get a circumcision and be done with it all, but it doesn't seem like an option at my age. The next thing would be a frenectomy. I would also like to point out that nobody in my life but me knows im dealing with this, and it worries me that when I become sexually active that it will be painful and almost impossible to have intercourse with my Girlfriend. (it's pretty embarrassing too)

So my question is, should I tell my Parents about this and go see a docter about getting some sort of surgery? Or should I keep doing the stretches and hope that it somehow will become easier to manage. Or even better, a new suggestion.

Much thanks,

~Max

I have the same age, same issues :-D

You should definitely go see a doctor. He might prescribe you some steroid cream to start (to help with the stretching), and if that doesn't work, there are other solutions before circumcision. I personally found that stretching will help pulling the foreskin to SOME degree, but not enough for any sexual activity. You could also do that frenectomy and see if that works. I just did it recently (a few days ago), and will be waiting for some results soon. It's a quick operation, done with local anesthesia (just some cream to "freeze" it), takes about 2 minutes to do, and isn't painful at all. There will be some swelling for a day or two, but nothing to be concerned about.

It would be best to consult a urology clinic, but if you're like me and don't have timely/free access to one, you could also go to a "General Surgery" clinic (as we call it here), or even a normal GP if that's not possible.

There are several surgical interventions to phimosis/frenulum breve on the internet; definitely inform yourself and talk to your doctor about those (because he/she might not be very informed of those procedures)

I had a frenuloplasty last year, the way to check if your frenulum is short is to: Pull your foreskin as far back as comfortably possible whilst flacid, if the head of the penis dips down, i.e. the frenulum is pulling it downwards because its too short, you have a short frenulum.

Can you tell me more about this surgery? I hadn't heard of it and would like to hear more if you have information on it. Thank you!

Hi Ilovemolly:

Are you really suffering? Phimosis is not usually a painful condition.

You display great wisdom in wanting to avoid circumcision. Do not be worried. You are normal for your age.

To retract the foreskin, one must grab the foreskin on the shaft and pull it rearward, but do not force it. If the foreskin will not retract then you must consider leaving it as it is or doing stretching exercises to make it retractable. You are fortunate to have a choice.

It is not necessary to have a foreskin that will retract. Some men live their entire lives with a non-retractable foreskin. They can masturbate, have penetrative sex, get married, and father children with a foreskin that does not retract. Some
believe that a penis with a non-retractile foreskin has more sensation and that sex is better. One just needs to see that your partner is well lubricated before you attempt penetration. One may need to add some personal lubricant if she does not lubricate.

Having sex with a non-retractile foreskin depends on just how tight your foreskin is. If it is really narrow and absolutely won't retract, then you can have penetrative sex without pain. On the other hand, if it just a little bit tight, then it is likely to be forced back during sex and that will hurt because it is tight. In that case, it probably would be better to stretch your foreskin until it glides easily back and forth.

Almost all boys are born with a foreskin that does not retract. This is normal. It takes years for the ability to retract to develop. About ½ of boys have a retractable foreskin by 10.4 years of age. Many adolescents still have foreskins that have tips that are too narrow to pass back over the penis head. These foreskins may be gently stretched over a period of time to cause them to widen.

It is normal for teens to have a foreskin that does not retract. One’s foreskin is still developing. If you want your foreskin to retract (not everyone wants a retractable foreskin), then you can help it develop ability to retract by stretching it.

If you choose to stretch your foreskin, then the goal is to have a foreskin that glides smoothly back and forth so as to provide maximum pleasure.

When your penis is erect, gently pull your foreskin back against the head of the penis. As the head attempts to pass through the foreskin it will stretch the skin a little. Do this every day and in a few weeks or months your foreskin will widen and you will be able to retract your foreskin. Do NOT force retraction. Do NOT cause yourself pain.

It works by tissue expansion. Stretching skin induces “mitosis” which is a word that means “division of cells”. New skin cells are formed and the skin expands but it takes some time. The increase in size is permanent. Be patient and give mitosis time to work.

The important thing is to put the skin under tension every day so that it will grow wider.

Search the Internet for:

“How to Fix Phimosis and Tight Foreskins, Solutions That Work”

and you will find the information and support you need.

That piece of skin at the bottom of the glans is called the frenulum. Almost every male is born with a frenulum. It is normal and it is supposed to be there. The frenulum has a high level of sensation because of its high innervation and serves to limit the rearward travel of the foreskin. The stretching of the frenulum during sexual intercourse helps to trigger ejaculation.

If your foreskin bunches up behind the head when you retract you most likely have a short frenulum (frenulum breve). Test it by pulling back on the foreskin. If the head of your penis bends down when you pull back your foreskin, you have frenulum breve.

You can stretch the frenulum manually just like you do your foreskin. That is the best course of action if the frenulum is too short to permit your foreskin to retract. Search the Internet for:

and you will find the information you need.

There also is a minor operation to relieve the frenulum, called frenuloplasty and another called frenectomy. One of these might be necessary, if the stretching does not work. Urologists do this.

Don’t let anyone sell you a circumcision. Circumcision is NOT necessary to treat