Hey I'm 17 years old and have a small piece of skin attached to the top of the head of my penis. it connects right to the side of the hole. I cannot retract my foreskin fully and I cannot remember ever being able to. I only noticed this piece of skin as of late not knowing that this could be a problem. the head of my penis is discoloured(kind of purple). I always remember it being this way. the whole head is the same colour, not just patches like a rash. Is this a problem? is it phimosis? any advice would be great.

Hey there. Look, before you try to do anything and before you try to seek some information or help from us, I suggest you to see a doctor and to talk about the choices that you, together with him, can see which you feel is best. Maybe it is not a phimosis. Maybe it is something totally different. I am saying this because I really didn't have a clue what this is and what phimosis stretching  is so I went to my doctor. And yes, he was able to heal me, without cutting anything. So, try to seek an information that you need there. I am sure that you will be able to find a good solution. 

It does not sound like phimosis, but if there is skin attached very close to the opening that urine is passed through, then perhaps you should see a urologist.

Is the skin attachment very sensitive?

How have stretching techniques worked out for you?

If you have had intercourse, is it problematic?

I would not imagine that there is a problem with the colour.

Yes the peice of skin is sensitive. It would be painful to say pull off. It does not appear to cover the hole at all but attaches as close to it as u could possibly be. Intercourse has never been problamatic with it. I've never had any problems with it, my penis is just the only one I've seen that looks like it does until lately. The reason I felt like it might be phimosis is because when I researched it on wikipedia.org it sounded like mine and the picture depicted looked basically identical to mine. I feel if that peice of skin was not there then I could retract alll the way.

wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Phimosis.jpg

**this post is edited by moderator ** web addresses not allowed **

Please read our Terms of Use

Oh, I see. I thought that you perhaps had some mis-formed Frenulum.

In this case, if it gives you no problems during sex, then that is great.

How far can you actually retract it whilst erect?

What stretching techniques have you used, if any?

I haven't really use any intentional stretching techniques. It stretches during "dry-sex" (grinding with clothes on and stuff). When erect the whole head is covered but when the sin is loosened up I can pull it back far enough to see that piece of skin. If I were to get an erection right now though I could not pull it back that far.

Hey, I think I have phimosis aswell.. (the doc said I do). That piece of skin that you see, I thought I was the only person with that piece aswell. But I did some research, correct me if I'm wrong anybody, but any uncircumcised penis has that skin attached to it's head. Maybe it's the first time you see it , since you can't pull your skin back? I can't pull mine back not even below where I pee, but it doesn't bother me, I can still have sexual intercourse, even though it's fact that if I was able to have sexual intercourse with my glands showing, sex would be amazing!! (Im thinking of getting a circumcision)

Dude I'm 15 and I have the EXACT same thing. I realized it last night and I haven't stopped researching since. I'm pretty sure I have to go to the doctor but I have no idea how to talk to my parents. I think the traditional way of treating this is getting circumcised, but there's a steroid cream that works pretty well too.

This can be pretty bad because it's not easy to clean, do you have trouble cleaning smegma? I just found out what that was yesterday and I found out I had some.

Hi BB123:

That piece of skin at the bottom of the glans is called the frenulum. Almost every male is born with a frenulum. It is normal and it is supposed to be there. The frenulum has a high level of sensation because of its high innervation and serves to limit the rearward travel of the foreskin. The stretching of the frenulum during sexual intercourse helps to trigger ejaculation.

You can stretch the frenulum manually just like you do your foreskin. That is the best course of action if the frenulum is too short to permit your foreskin to retract. Search the Internet for:

“How to Fix Phimosis and Tight Foreskins, Solutions That Work”

and you will find the information you need.