Greetings.  I was recently diagnosed with a 1.7cm pineal cyst and have been having an extremely difficult time finding someone that not only believes that they can be symptomatic, but to help.  Apparently all doctors, neurologists and neurosurgeons in Ontario refuse to do anything about them and remain ignorant to the fact that they can cause problems.  I've been experiencing dizziness, nausea, headaches, foggy thinking, vision problems, auditory problems and difficulty sleeping.

If ANYONE knows of a doctor or surgeon willing to take these seriously in Canada, PLEASE let me know I am absolutely desperate!!

Oh my, I thought at first my sister posted this but You were recently diagnosed she has had hers for 15 yrs and is now worse in the symptoms , no specialist will help her and she is at the end of her rope . They don't even bother to do contrast dyes when conducting the CT and MRI scans which you must do to get enough contrast. She has even been told to talk to a therapist and learn to deal with the symptoms . I am writing this because she has a hard time reading print now. You both need to connect. We are desparately looking and research too!!!! 

I'm very sorry to hear that, please feel free to send me a message! I'd be very interested in knowing what symptoms we share and what you've learned so far :) I've had such difficulty in even getting an appointment with a neurosurgeon and neurologist even to do an MRI - It has been over a month now and I'm still waiting. Haven't even seen someone for it yet. This is very unsettling!

Wondering if you've had any luck finding a doctor that will take you serious? I to have been diagnosed with an 'incidental' cyst.. I have pressure and feel my head could blow off my shoulders at times. I began having seizures and they continue trying anticonvulsant medications, but I've had an EEG that has indicated it's not caused due to epilepsy. I just met with Dr. Shahinian today for a consult, turns out they didn't even do a proper MRI of the brain, there was no contrast used... He indicated based on the scan infront of him, I no doubt was having CSF blockage issues and that if nothing was done I would be taken to the hospital for an emergency shut to be inserted to relieve the pressure.. I'm really becoming frustrating as not only is drastically affecting my life but my families as well..

Unfortunately no, there is a private group on facebook that you should definitely join. Just search for Pineal Cyst and you should be able to find it. Could you post the size of your cyst? I hope Dr. Shahinian is able to help you, there is also a doctor in Houston Texas where many people from the PC group are having surgery, he has very high success rates!