Hello. My name is Samantha, I am 14 years old. I have been diagnosed with a pineal cyst, (4.7mm). I was diagnosed 1/31/12. I have been having multiple symptoms that started all of a sudden in the summer of 2011. I have had recurring headaches, constant nausea, blurred vision (but perfect eyesight), pain on my right side next to my rectus abdominis muscles, slightly enlarged lymph nodes, irrititation in my stomach, heartburn very often, sharp pains in my shoulderblades and upper mid spine area, dizziness, fatigue, and maybe gout on my middle toe. I know these symptoms are not all related, but I want everyone to know what I feel so they can tell me I am not alone.

I had my gallbladder removed October of 2011. That did not help with anything. It just made things worse. I have had 2 endoscopies, 1 labroscopy, 1 brain MRI, 1 CT on my abodomen and my pelvis, and a Bravo Probe suctioned on the wall of my esophagus. I have met with 2 gastroenterologists, 1 rheumatoid specialist, a family doctor, and will see a neurosurgeon soon. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia by 2 doctors, the others did not think that was necessary. I was also diangosed with anxiety. This all started less than a year ago.

No one has a clue as to what is going on. I am not able to attend school because my health is taking control of my life.

I NEED ANSWERS!!!

Samantha, My son has been throwing up with nausea for 4 weeks. Went to our family doctor and he treated him with reflux. The nausea continued and headaches, I finally took him to the hospital after dealing with this for 2 weeks straight and him missing sooo much school and so far behind. The hosp. did a ct scan and said nothing was wrong with his brain. He then started with having anxiety attacks which he has never had. I got a call from his school to come and get him. He was struggling to breath, crying,very weak, hands and feet numb and was very nauseous with a bad stomach ache. When I arrived at the school he was in a wheel chair, he was so upset and weak. I then took him straight to a different Hospital inside Atlanta. They requested a copy of the ct scan which showed him having a pineal cyst (we had no idea, the hospital failed to call us after the radiologist looked at the scan). Now we are left going to a gi Dr. and now having to get a MRI next week. Hopefully we can get some answers soon. It is my son's senior year in highschool and he has missed more days than he has been there. Hope you get to feeling better soon!

I am 35 I have the very same symptoms to which you stated. Iam very nervous however I am waiting to see my neurologist. My endocrinologist says that a pineal cyst can sometimes effect your pituitary. In which case every thing can become all wonky.

Dear Samantha,
I am a soon to be 38 year old single mother of a 14 year old daughter, a 13 year old son, and a 10 year old son. My daughter was diagnosed with a Pineal Cyst just 2 days ago after loosing the hearing mostly in her left ear but she also failed her hearing test in the right ear. She has sever pain in her left ear and she has had a headache now for almost 3 weeks straight. She had symptoms that made a her doctor diagnose her with sinus infection and issues, so a CT Scan was performed to rule out an abscess in her sinuses and that is when they found that she had the Pineal Cyst. I have attempted to read about this subject and even though we were told that this is not life threatening or serious I am not getting that impressions from what I am reading! I am getting very scared, but I haven't discussed any of this with my daughter. We are scheduled to see her pediatrician in the morning to get a soon as possible referral to a neurosurgeon/nuerologist and whoever else as specialist that we need to see. I don't know if this has helped you at all but you are more than welcome to email my daughter and maybe the two of you can help each other with support with what you are going through.  After we go to these appointments she may have some questions for you. I wish you all the best and my heart not only cries for what my daughter is going through it is also crying for what you are experiencing! It doesn't seem fair at all for you girls! God Bless You....Ms. Shanon

***Post is edited by moderator *** Private e-mails not allowed***Please read our Terms of Use