What is happening with your daughter? I'm scheduling to fly out from Indiana to see Dr. Kim in August. If you can email me I would really appreciate hearing about your experience with him.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

I'm 29 and have a 9mm pineal cyst, I want to get it removed asap as I am having bad migranes, pressure on my head, slight dizziness and slight visual disturbances. How long was the surgery? How long after having it did you decide to get it remove and how long was the recovery? Please answer these questions for me

Mine cyst is 2.5 x 2.5 and I am still alive so I guess that perhaps others are too

Hi can you tell me what size was your pineal cyst & where u got it done , I have a 7.3 MM cys and it systematic

Hi, Your post is older so I am not sure if you would see this reply. But it seems you have intimate knowledge of this stuff so I was wondering if you had experience with this first hand. I experienced a subarachnoid hemorrhage with hydrocephalus 6 months ago. 2 months post hemorrhage I had an MRI and at that time they also advised me I have a 14mm pineal cyst. They did not find an aneurism. My neurologist said the cyst was a incidental finding and the 2 are not related. I continue to have daily headaches, ear pain, head pressure, eye pain, clumsiness, short term memory issues, sleep issues, and other small neuro issues, which I have read can all be because of the SAH. But I have also been reading about pineal apoplexy and the fact that the cyst could hemorrhage or grow if blood gets into it. I was told my hemorrhage was in the basil christens. It does look like a similar area to the pineal gland. Pineal apoplexy could be dangerous in the future if not treated. My neurologist just says this is extremely rare so I do not have that. But I'm wondering how many people have an SAH and a cyst in similar areas of the brain. Any advice would help.

Try Dr. Dong Kim Houston, Texas

I have a pineal cyst measuring 5x 7x9 mm for past 6 years and believe it or not at times i felt like commiting a suicide. ITwas so painful and soul sapping. But I ve tried yoga pranayam abd switched to a vegetarian diet and that has worked wonders for me. The pain has considerably lessened and the cyst though its size has remained same i no longer suffer the headaches so intensely as I did in the past. Guys be optimistic and better change your lifestyle. THATS THE KEY.I know that with yoga i will get better . HOWEVER DONT GO FOR A SURGERY.PINEAL GLAND IS A DARK AREA IN NEUROLOGY THATS WHY SURGEONS ARE HESITANT TO PERFORM SURGERY OVER IT. SO DOING NOTHING AND RATHER CHANGING YOUR LIFESTYLE SHOULD JUST DO THE TRICK.ITS ABSOLUTELY CURABLE. GOD BLESS U ALL.

ARINDAM
INDIA

Hi there, I just read your post from a year ago. I, too, have a pineal gland cyst..13mm. I am going to Presby at the end of the month for Dr. Friedlander to drain my cyst. I am very scared, as this is a risky surgery. What were some of your symptoms? Where did they cut you for the surgery? Dr. Friedlander seems like an amazing surgeon. It is just scary.

I am a nurse working at Memorial Hermann Texas Medical Center. We have a Neurosurgeon Dr. Kim Dong who performed this surgery so many times. If anybody here considering surgery, he is the Doctor to go to. We have patients from different states and out of the country who come here to have elective surgery. I would say he is one of the best if not.

I am having brain surgery on sept 12 for fenestration of the pineal gland cyst. My cyst is 1.6cm and symptomatic. Seizures, blackouts, dizzyspells, migraines, insomnia. Has anyone been through this kind of surgery. I need to know how it went I am driving myself crazy fishing the internet. I was told 2-3 months recovery. I'm missing 3 months of school. I have regents and SATs coming up. If someone can tell me how there's worked out that'd be awesome.

Hi I was just wondering how much this surgery costs thanks

Found out yesterday that i am being referred for surgery. I have a 6mm pineal cyst. I all the sudden started having seizures headaches vomiting and I vision problems. I'm pretty scared could someone please give me some advice

Hi Arindam.. can u please give me your contact info..I need to talk to you..

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

Hi Arindam
Can you please share your details??

Regards
Prateek

I’ve been dealing with everyday headaches 34 months urgh! I hear your pain totally I would get the surgery! I’ve been told by 4 Neurologist my Pineal Cyst is not causing headaches! Looking into seeing now Neurosurgeon! Where do u live? I just want to die this pain I see crazy