Greetings to you all on this forum.

My name is John and I had (I really hope it's now behind me) depression issues since my childhood years. I was teased during elementary school, bullied in high school, and that wasn't improved on college, either. I had many suicidal thoughts, and even cut myself several times. Finally, my psych prescribed me venlafaxine (75 mg a day) for my depression.

Now, I'm feeling well, I have many reasons to believe my life is good but one problem remained. How to stop using venlafaxine? Does anyone have any experience with this drug? Can someone recommend a good plan for withdrawing and what to expect on my way out?

Thank you in advance.

Health Advisor

Hello, John.

Whatever you are planning to do, remember to consult with your doctor first. He/she can give you the best direction for withdrawal, especially in such sensitive case when depression is involved. 

I heard that best way to quit venlafaxine is to cut your dosage in half (using 37.5mg tablets, but not modified release) and mix it with st. john's wort and fish oil. Of course, this is only one of the options so you must seek professional opinion first, because everybody react differently. 

Hope you'll go through withdrawal without issues. 

Cheers!