Hi, I ‘ve been taking aspirin regularly to decrease my chances for another heart attack, but recently a friend of mine told me he’s been using Plavix. He claims it’s more effective. I would like to hear some experiences.

Hi, I had stroke two years ago, and my therapy includes Aspirin and Plavix, my doctor believes it is a good combination, to reduce the risk of a future heart attack or stroke. Peripheral artery disease can result in formation of clots in the arteries, which may limit or completely stop the flow of blood to vital areas of the body. Plavix prevents platelets from sticking together and forming clot, what results in regular blood flowing. I suppose that Plavix and Aspirin together increase your protection from clot formatting and a future heart attack or stroke. Anyway, try to avoid saturated fat in your diet and take more fruits and vegetables to improve your condition.

Generic Plavix is used for reducing the risk of stroke or heart attack in patients who have already had a heart attack or stroke or have other circulatory problems due to narrowing and hardening of the arteries.