My dad had a stroke last year. It was terrible experience for all of us. But he was lucky enough to have no serious aftermath. Now, he must be careful. He was taking some medicines after a stroke and then I have noticed that he has stopped. He was prescribed with Plavix I think. Now, after I talked to him, he went to a doctor and get Aggrenox. Which is better for strokes: Plavix or Aggrenox?

Those are very similar medications in mean that they both do the same thing. They make blood platelets more slippery so that they dont stick and that prevent them of making blood clots in your blood vessels. Some people better response on Plavix and other on Aggrenox. The key is that he must take the medicines regularly to follow the instructions about the doses and to report any side effects that may occur.

What's the best for stroke - Plavix or Aggrenon?