Hello. I'm 24 year old female and I'm pretty worried for my father’s health. About a week ago, on some regular blood checkup, he was found with very high blood cholesterol.
Doctor told me that this could be very dangerous condition because excessive amounts of cholesterol in the body may build up in the artery walls over time, narrowing and hardening them until the blood flow is reduced. This can lead to heart attack and stroke.
So, we must take care that this cholesterol level decreases in next couple of weeks.
I know that my father has some bad eating habits but also he has genetic tendency to high blood cholesterol. Can someone tell me some ideas how to lower down this blood cholesterol!?

Well, for a long time I had problems with high cholesterol and that’s why I have developed specific way of dietary regime for my self.
You must eat less fat food because most cholesterol in the body is made in the liver from saturated fat in the diet, so the important thing is to reduce your saturated fat intake as much as possible.
Fatty meats and full-fat dairy products are particularly high in saturated fat so you must avoid cream, butter, cheeses, ice cream, milk, vegetable fats such as palm oil or vegetable shortenings, some margarines, sausages, luncheon sausage, salami, eggs and alcohol. Food that you can enjoy eating is high fibre foods such as wholegrain breads, cereals and brown rice, wholegrain pasta, fresh fruits and vegetables. You should also eat dishes containing beans, lentils, chickpeas, soybeans, tofu and tempeh - these do not contain cholesterol and they are high in fibre.