I had a recent fall and injured the muscles in my lower right back,the bruising has gone away and most of the pain, but I have what is called a Hematoma just above the back of my right hip. My question is will this go away on it's own or is there something I can do to speed it's recovery?

Hi there,

Hematomas can be very dangerous. I know that hematoma of the back is also known as spinal hematoma. Now regarding the treatment options I think that your best option would be a surgery. now I know that this might sound scary but you don’t have to be afraid of this because doctors are very specialized in these surgeries.  If you have a cloth you have to remove this cloth in order not to heave any further complications with your body. You have to understand that it is dangerous to leave this issue untreated. Have you been using any pain killers in order to reduce the pain? I hope that this helped in any way.

Best wishes,

Marco

New Member

Marco,
Any info you could give me on spinal hematomas I would appreicate. I had an MRI of my spine, bc I have MD and I got my own copy of my MRI and saw this and the nurse who received the copy of my MRI missed this and prob filed it away since it didn't show progresion of the MS.
I've had several spinal taps bc I have other conditions. During one spinal tap, a nerve was hit, my leg flew up in the air uncontrollably. I am wondering if this could have caused the hematoma and is this possibly contributing to symptoms I have of increasing weakness and pain in my legs. Thses syx could be neuro disease, I don't now but you seem to know about spinal hematomas. I appreciate any info you could give me.