I need advice. For more than 3 years I have been experiencing pain in my back- thorasic area. Besides that I have problems with breathing… I have to take small breaths. This is really scaring me. I am only 27 and having problems of an old man!

Hey there,
I also have this problem. And although I am little bit older than you, I am still not a old man :-) well, the thing with breathing is, I feel it from time to time, it is not a regular experience, while pain is… I am dealing with it on daily basis… horrible! When it really gets bad, I use celexa.. I tried with massages, visiting chiros and other abracadabra, but nothing. Seems like, meds are the only thing that actually help. How do you deal with this?

JUST HAD T1-C7 FORMAN CANAL OPENING WITH MINIMAL INVASIVE LASER SPINE SURGERY..GOT NO RELIEF......HAVING PAINS IN RING FINGERS AND PINKY FINGERS, SIDE ARMS,ELBOWS,TRICEPS,UNDER ARM PITS......ANYONE EXPERIENCE IT??

Are you saying you had ulnar in both of your hands…….because it rarely happens that you get the symptoms in both hands. If this is true, then it would mean that there is a process in the spine going on and that you would also have problems with your legs……so, I reckon that your symptoms could be psychical due to stress or something.

If you had ulnar in just one hand…..it is possible that a surgery gives no relief…these things just happen sometimes. What did your doctor say?

I am a soldier and have been for 4 yrs I was injured in iraq in 03 and have had upper back pain since then. Ive had the same problem with my docs giving me options as everyone else seems to be having. I hope I can get a surgery on my back so I can go back to iraq and do my damn job

Allen

I have bee experiencing the exact same symptoms and I am only 23! It comes and goes every week or two and the pain starts in the lower back and radiates a bit. I also have difficulty taking deep breaths but usually it lasts only for an hour or so. Once though it lasted a couple of days!! Any info on what this might be??????

I have been receiving physio twice a week on my thorasic area which appears to be helping. A top sports physician informed me my thorasic is stiff and requires "loosening" up, similar to when you sprain an ankle etc. If the ankle is not treaed it becomes stiff and can be painful.

Apparently the thorasic area is like any other joiont in the body and can seize up so to speak. The physio starts with some intense mobility exercises similar to massage but more like pressing on the joint and around the spine, then finishes with deep tissue massage. Over time it has helped (8 - 12 weeks). Its a problem that wont go over night sometime taking up to 12 months!!! Any who thought i would share mu experience as I too was experiencing sharp stabbing pains in the thorasic area which would cause problems breathing?? Well the doc said the thorasic is joined to lungs in a way hence causing the breathing difficulties. Apologies for the novel!! Well I have a snapped achilles tendon to take my mind of the thorasic these days!!!Take care.

I feel your pain. I'm only 22 but I've had sharp neck and mid-back pain, breathing difficulties, and numbness/weakness in both hands and both legs. I also have pain in both hip joints and shoulder joints and my feet hurt alot. I was checked for thorasic outlet syndrome but no definate diagnosis was made. Anybody have an idea?

I CAN RELATE TO YOUR PAIN. I HAVE EXPERIENCED SO MUCH BACK PAIN MORE THORASIC RIGHT SIDE AREA, NEAR SHOULDER BLADES. I WENT TO MY DOCTOR WHO IS BOARD CERTIFIED AS A "DO". HE SAID MY RIB WAS OUT OF PLACE. BECAUSE, I ALONG LIKE YOU, HAVE BREATHING PROBLEMS. MY DOCTOR WILL ADJUST MY RIB AND PUT IT BACK IN USING A MINOR MUNIPULATION PROCEDURE,THEN IN A FEW DAYS MY TISSUES AND BREATHING PROBLEM ARE RESOLVED. REMEMBER THAT AREA IS NEXT TO YOUR GALLBLADER SO IF THAT IS DISEASED THAT MAY NEED TO BE RULLED OUT. AND IF YOUR RIB IS OUT THAT CAN HAVE SOMETHING TO DO WITH IT. I HOPE IT HELPS.
KATHRYN FROM ARIZONA

Have sharp pain in my mid-pack section. It isn't all the time, but I gasp for a breadth and feel a sharp pull under my left breast. It feels as if I’m loosing my breadth and will feel light-headed. I have terrible ringing in my ears for two years now - sometimes it feels electrical and I feel like I'm being shocked. Sometimes I have a hard time climbing stairs and will feel out of breadth and woozy. Have been through all sorts of testing and only thing found is a positive ANA in my blood work, but no diagnosis of Lupus. Sometimes I hear and feel crackling and popping in my head. My mid back is a very sharp stabbing like pain. Its almost like I feel the bones rubbing together. I also have pain in extremities - sometimes radiating. I had this ten years ago at age 30 and it lasted 9 months and then went away. I’m now 40 and its back and I’m on year 2 with this c**p. Would love to know what the heck is wrong.

:D hi my name is jenny, i also had a rib out years ago and it was manipulated back into place. now i suffer bad with thorasic and shoulder arthritis. the pain is bad most days.i have been given a tens machine to try from my physio, it seems to distract me from the pain but when i turn it off the pain remains.i am on anti inflams now and pain killers to ease my pain(not).. it seems to be gettin worse but i'm sure there are worse people out there with worse conditions than i have and thank god i have a good hubby and kids to support me.

IM 17 AND HAVE THE SAME PROBLEMS, BUT ITS MY ENTIRE SPINE THOUGH. BUT I HAVE A SPINAL DISEASE CAUSING MINE. LOL. ISNT THAT PATHETIC?! LOL. WELL, I HAVE TROUBLE BREATHING SOMETIMES WHEN MY MID SPINE IS HURTING, AND IT SCARES ME TOO, BUT I PLAN ON BEING AROUND FOR A WHILE, AND IM STILL HERE, SO HOPEFULLY ITS NOTHING! :> BUT YEAH, MY RIBS BRUISE ALL THE TIME BY THEMSELVES TOO. THEY ACHE AND ACHE, AND IT MAKES ME SICK. BUT YEAH, IF THATS YOU ONLY SYMPTOM, ID LOOK IT UP ON THE I-NET AND IF I COULDNT FING ANYTHING, ID GO TO THE DOCTOR JUST IN CASE.
I HOPE U FEEL BETTER AND THERE IS NOTHING REALLY WRONG WITH YOU!
~EMOCLEW!

IM 17 AND I HAVE ALL THE SAME SYMPTOMS. I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH DEGENERATIVE DISC DISEASE WITH STENOSIS(NARROWING OF THE SPINAL CANAL). IT CAUSES A LOT OF PROBLEMS! ITS REALLY ADVANCED, IT RUNS IN MY FAMILY AND ITS LIKE IM ABOUT 60-70 THE DOC ACTUALLY SAID. DID HE CHECK FOR THIS? I HAD AN MRI AND THATS WHAT IT WAS FOR ME. SO NEXT TIME YOU GO ASK IF HE CAN REFER YOU TO AN ORTHOPAEDIST. MAYBE HE COULD HELP YA. IF U DO HAVE THIS, IF HE WANTS YOU TO GO TO PHYSICAL THERAPY, DONT DO IT; IT ONLY MAKES IT WORSE IF U HAVE THIS! TRUST ME! RIGHT NOW IM WORKING ON BUILDING MORE MUSCLE SO I CAN HAVE SURGERY SOON, UNFORTUNATELY. ITS MY ONLY OTHER OPTION CAUSE PAIN MEDS DONT HELP EITHER. BUT ANYWAYS, I HOPE U GET BETTER AND GOOD LUCK. TRUST ME, ITS NOT ALL IN YOUR HEAD, I LEARNED THAT. IT TOOK THE DOCTORS 3 YEARS TO FIGURE OUT WHAT WAS WRONG WITH ME CAUSE THEY THOUGHT I WAS CRAZY, SCHIZO, HYPO. BUT IT TURNS OUT IM NOT! YOU KNOW WHEN THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG WITH UR BODY, EVEN IF NO ONE CAN TELL YOU WHAT IT IS. ITS LIKE AN INNATE SENSE. TRUST ME, U KNOW WHEN SOMETHING ISNT RIGHT WITH UR BODY, U DONT JUST FEEL PAIN FOR NO REASON.

~EMOCLEW

POSSIBLY A SPINAL PROBLEM. DEGENERATIVE DISC DISEASE, A PINCHED NERVE CAN CAUSE IT, BONE SPURS, ARTHRITIS. ETC.

i'm only 15 and have been having problems for 2 years now i get relief from the chiro but after a little while it just gets back outta wack i'm too young for this any sugestions?