I have read alot on hematomas,but still no real answers on how to deal or heal it, need some help, is surgery the only ultimate answe

Hi Crica,

Not all hematomas require surgical intervention. It depends upon the location, the size, and the severity. By definition a "black and blue" or "bruise" is a hematoma, they usually resolve quickly.

In some cases, yes, intervention is necessary.

Thank you Dan, so why call the one on my neck hematoma the rest of my face bruises, the hematoma has been drained first right after the surgery and then 2 more times since, going to dr. tomorrow to see, how long can I just wait and see what happens if the body will absorb the blood, I will look forward to your answer

You're welcome.

Without knowing all the details I wouldn't even attempt a guess. You indicate you've had surgery, was this the cause of the hematoma? I was thinking more along the lines of a fall or other such "closed" event in my response.

In general, the hematoma is liquid blood that has collected outside of the vessels usually because of a hemorrhage. A bruise (ecchymosis) is a thin layer under the skin. There are many types of hematoma's. They can occur in organs as well and are more of a 3 dimensional thing. In the brain for example you could have a subdural hematoma or an epidural hematoma, just to name a few.

Your doctor is the best resource here. If you are not certain you could always ask for another opinion.

Hope it helps.