My son hurt his face 3 months ago and got a hematoma, after a few weeks he saw a plastic surgeon who said it would go away within 3 months, and although it has got smaller he has been left with a dent in his cheek which isnt going away and sometimes is sore. The surgeon said that if it didnt get better he could get an operation but it would purely be cosmetic, iam wanting to know if there is anything else i could do to improve it myself without surgery? I have been told to rub his face hard in an upwards motion to try and soften the hematoma and although it has helped you can still really notice it.

Hi there,

I think that the only solution for your son’s hematoma on his face is surgery.  I am not sure if there is anything else that will be in any help to him. He can wait to get this hematoma on its own after some time but I think that this will not disappear completely. You can talk to this surgeon again and see if he is willing to remove the hematoma. How old is your son? I think that surgery is not that complicated and dangerous so you should prompt him for surgery. I hope that this was helpful in any way.

All the best,

Danella

Hi Roxy. My son has recently sustained the same type of injury. I notice your post was over a year ago and just wondered whether you had found a successful solution or if the haemotoma has disappeared by itself? Paul

Hi Roxy, how is your son now? My son had same thing and now had a dent which is not going away... Pls let me know what u did to get rid of the dent? Thanks

Hi Paul, how is your don now? Did the dent go away on its own?

Sorry abt the typo. I meant son