Hi, my grandfather has polyarteritis nodosa. I am not common with this disease and need to learn more about it. Can anyone having more information about it help me?

Hi, you are here facing a rare autoimmune disease (our own immune system attacks some tissues or cells). Polyarteritis nodosa leads to inflammation of the arteries (arteritis). The arteries are present in every organ of the body. The most commonly affected are the muscles, joints, intestines (bowels), nerves, kidneys, and skin. Pain and poor function of any of these organs can be a symptom of polyarteritis nodosa. Middle age persons are mostly affected population. Its cause remains unknown, but it occurs very often after Hepatitis B infection. The Hepatitis B virus tests are positive in 10-20% of patients.

Hi, I am diagnosed with Polyarteritis Nodosa. I only found this out about a month ago - so still in the beginning stage. Can you perhaps tell me more about the treatment for this? My doctor explained to me but I've got this gut feeling that the medication I am on is not working....(maybe I am too eager) I just want my life back. My legs pain and swell so much that I have to either have a hot bath or lie down with my feet up.... Is this normal for Polyarteritis Nodosa patients?