Hi, folks. My father had some eye problem. At first, it seemed that his eye blood vessels are affected with inflammation. He was suspected to have uveitis. I must admit that I have never heard about this diagnosis before, so I would really appreciate if someone could give me more info.

Hi, there. Uveitis is the inflammation of the middle layer of the eye. This layer is called “uvea”, so you get the picture where the term “uveitis” came from. The causes of uveitis are very different. Usually, viruses or bacteria cause it. However, it can be associated with some other diseases. Vasculitis is one of them. Some of the forms of vasculitis that are described as possible cause of uveitis are Kawasaki syndrome and polyarteritis nodosa. You should consult your father’s doctor for more details. Good luck!

Hi. Thank you for answering to my post. Now that you mention it, I think that the ophthalmologist has mentioned something about Kawasaki syndrome. That is probably why my father will have to be on prednisone. Corticosteroids are the ones that are important in the treatment of vasculitis. I hope this will help him with this.