my hubby's eyes are having the shades of yellow. he is very well and not sick but he havent consulted a doctor yet coz he hasnt felt any discomforts. i told him to drink lots of water. though the yellowish fades, it still has the shades of yellow. it bothers me really. a friend, who is a nurse, told me he has to eat sweet to have sugar in his body. i cant get it? though there is no need to panic, we need advise for precautions. thanks a lot!

Hi! Does you husband has liver problems?

I wouldn’t want to alarm you but my friend, who is a nurse, contracted hepatitis C by sticking on the contaminated needle. She didn’t even know she contracted the disease until she developed jaundice. Most people don’t experience any symptoms.

Her eyes were also turning yellow.
Maybe your husband should see a doctor just to make sure everything was in order.

now i am alarmed. think i really we should take this seriously. just knowing it would just be a dehydration ei. i appreciate the info.

Legend
Hi there,

Well, it shouldn't be HVC (Hepatitis C), but it could be some milder kind of hepatitis. To explain ... Hepatitis is a liver inflammation caused by a virus. In some cases hepatitis could be caused by medications or intoxication.

Hepatitis A is most common and would be spread through contaminated food or water. This viral infection could be spread by simple mouth contact, for example using the tooth brush from infected person. Of course, the HVA (Hepatitis A) could be passed during sex act.

The most common symptoms are:
    yellow skin and whites of eyes
    darker urine
    flu-like illness
    nausea and vomiting
    diarrhea
    itchy skin

If your husband has some of those symptoms, he should visit his GP immediately. However, yellow whites of eyes must not be hepatitis symptom.

Hepatitis A can be diagnosed by carrying out the blood test. In this case, doctors will ask you the questions to try to find the source of the infection, so they could stop the epidemic.

Hepatitis A is a mild infection of the liver, but sometimes it requires admission to hospital, mostly because of prevention to affect other people.

To prevent this infection, you can be immunized by a single injection. This will give you protection for Hepatitis A for next 12 months. A second injection after a period of 12 months gives you protection up to 10 years. Of course, the immunization can be done only in case your blood test was negative on HVA.

The HVA treatment is based on limited dietary supply which will be prescribed by GP. The viral infection of liver cannot be treated with medication. The organism should immunize by itself producing the antibodies to fight the HVA virus. This treatment last more then 2 months alcohol use shall be reduced to minimum for the next 6 months!

Hepatitis B and C are different kind of viruses. Both of them cannot be spread like A.

Hepatitis B could be spread by:
    unprotected sex with infected person
    by transfusion of blood coming from infected person (blood in UK and USA should be tested for all hepatitis viruses, but from time to time some cases of viral infections in hospitals will be reported, mostly caused by indolent medical staff)
    by sharing contaminated needles
    by using non-sterilized tools and needles by piercing, tattooing, acupuncture treatments, dental treatments, etc..

The symptoms for Hepatitis B and C are the same like for Hepatitis A!

The difference is only in recover time. Most adults infected with the hepatitis B virus fully recover and develop life-long immunity. Between 5% and 10% of individuals infected as adults will become chronic carriers, which mean they will be infectious to others and can develop chronic liver damage. 20% of individuals who have been infected with the hepatitis C virus appear to clear the virus from the blood, whilst about 80% will remain infected and can pass on the virus to others. Infected children, especially new-born babies, are much more likely to become chronic carriers.

Furthermore, if is the person infected over longer period of time (year or two) with Hepatitis B or C could easily develop severe liver damages through chronic hepatitis, liver cirrhosis or liver cancer.

To get best treatment methods and best advice, the persons diagnosed with Hepatitis B and C should consult the specialists like a herpetologist or gastroenterologist.

This is the info, but the yellow eyes symptom could mean also different disorders like:

blocked bile ducts (by gallblader infection or gallstones)
    drug-induced cholestasis (bile pools in the gallbladder because of the effects of drugs)
    anti-cancer drugs, Aldomet, rifampin, steroids, chlorpropamide, tolbutamide, oral contraceptives, testosterone, propylthiouracil)
    alcoholic liver disease (alcoholic cirrhosis)
    pancreas disorders
    primary biliary cirrhosis
    ischemic hepatocellular jaundice (jaundice caused by inadequate oxygen or inadequate blood flow to the liver)
    intrahepatic cholestasis of pregnancy (bile pools in the gallbladder because of the pressure in the abdomen with pregnancy)
    hemolytic anemia
    disorders present since birth that cause problems processing bilirubin (Gilbert's syndrome, Dubin-Johnson syndrome, Rotor's syndrome, or Crigler-Najjar syndromes)
    autoimmune hepatitis
    malaria

My advice - your hubby should visit his GP which will determine is it anything to worry about!

I hope this info will help you!

Pseud0

Is your husbands tough yellow? Check in the back of his tough. This is nothing to play with, have him checked immediatly!

My eyes are a shade of yellow and they are sore my parrents know they are yellow... but im not quite sure what to do... they have been yellow sceince winter break. im not quite sure but ive also have felt like im going to throw up and that makes me want to not eat.

what do i do?
Should i visit a doctor?

(in past ive also had problums with tunnle vision and passing out due to it blood has been drawn time after time nothing found could this be related?)

I've read pamphlets about glaucoma when got bored once in the hospital and that sounds just like one of the major symptoms listed in the pamphlet..

:O My husband has Hepatis A, for the longest time, he got it when he was a young boy..He is 53 years old and his eyes over the years are yellow and sometimes I see a yellow vein in them...He is overweight, has sleep apena, spot on his lungs, highateal hernia, high blood pressure and depression..He looks like a man in his 60's...also has memory loss....Is there anyone out there with the same digonsis

hey...i was very worried when i saw i had yellowing whites of my eyes.they are a good indicator of health.i went to the doctor and he said maybe an eye ulcer!...yuk...but after tests it was ruled out..they had no idea....so i saw an optician....and what do you know he had the same problem...he told me what it is...its a cholestral build up in the eye..nothing at all to worry about...he tested my eyes and said dont come back for 3 years!....so its not doom and gloom all the time...the body just throws out this yellowing fatty tissue due to cholestral build up..which isnt a need to worry about...just an individual body thing.....

I have a yellow tone in the eye's to, I dont know if i have any of that hepetitis stuff all i know is i live in a house that's painted with lead paint. I randomly have dim vision followed by weakness of the muscle's and slight loss of balance if you know anything or can help me contact me back. Oh yes and i am 13 years of age if this helps at all.

I don't know much about the yellow tone in the eye's. but about those frequent moments of disorientation (weakness of muscles, loss of balance). that may be due to fatigue, i have had alot of sleep lately, and whenever i stand up after sittin for a while (usualy infront of computer or TV). i get that feeling too, and i kno a few people with the same issue, so i don't think its a big deal.

I had a check up and I am negative of hepatitis.I have a yellow eyes too..but i feel very well...and i noticed my nails are whiter than the usual color...do you know anything about this? Im really confuse. need some additional info. THX.

i have some yellow in my eyes too...been there a long time i think it looks kinda fly haha

had a check up and I am negative of hepatitis.I have a yellow eyes too..but i feel very well...and i noticed my nails are whiter than the usual color...do you know anything about this? Im really confuse. need some additional info. THX.

Diabetes can represent with yellowish eyes and pale nail beds as well, dont put this stuff off and rely on opinions off of message boards such as this. Get to a doctor soon as you can.

yellow eyes can also mean low in iron anemia try eating lots of red meat n beetroot it is full of iron