Hello! I was prescribed Colonidine for my high blood pressure and I would really like to know how this drug works, and if there is anything special I should pain attention to! Thx for the info!!!!

Clonidine belongs to the general class of medicines called antihypertensives. Clonidine works by controlling nerve impulses along certain nerve pathways. As a result, it relaxes blood vessels so that blood passes through them more easily. This helps to lower blood pressure. You didn’t say if you were male or female, just in case I will tell you that the study was done on animals and it showed that clonidine causes harmful effects in the fetus, but not birth defects. However, the presence of other medical problems may affect the use of clonidine such as : heart or blood vessel disease—clonidine may make these conditions worse, irritated or scraped skin, kidney disease—effects of clonidine may be increased because of slower removal of clonidine from the body, mental depression, raynaud's syndrome—Clonidine may make these conditions worse, polyarteritis nodosa and systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE). If you have any of this, you definitely report it to your doctor.

what do u suggest for one whom is going through very bad withdrawls from persciption medication?