Good morning to you all! I have polymyositis and I am looking to share nutrition tips with other sufferers. What, if anything, do you do to keep your gut and intestines healthy? What lifestyle changes have you made after your diagnosis? What role do you think nutrition plays in your overall well being? I look forward to hearing from you.

When I was diagnosed with polymyositis, I started going to the gym regularly. This is something that my doctor recommended, and I do have to say that I feel a lot better now. Healthy nutrition is always a very positive thing, so you should of course make sure you eat well, but I understand that there are no close links between polymyositis and the way you eat.

Hello there garrek1755,

I completely agree with glen. My mother was diagnosed with the polymyositis few years back and she has adjusted her nutrition a little bit but she didn’t change her habits dramatically. Also, I would like to emphasize that she was always eating healthy foods.

As glen she has started with gym on a regularly basis and with yoga as well. Her doctor told her that she needs to find solution to reduce her stress level because this can be very dangerous for her overall health. Yoga seems to do the job. I hope that you will start exercising as well and that you will find the best way to deal with the polymyositis. Keep us posted and good luck.