Hi, I have an eighteen months old daughter. She was developing perfectly up until two months ago. I have never had problems with her nutrition, but now all of a sudden she has become a picky eater. She refuses to drink her milk and to eat her fruits and vegetables. I don't know what is going on with her. Could you tell me something more about baby nutrition and how could I get my daughter to eat of all her food groups?

Hi, there comes a time in every baby's life when she gets a certain attitude towards some food groups. When my son was two years old I used to listen to my friends complain about their babies. I thought I was very lucky because my son was not a picky eater and I had no problem with his diet. All of a sudden he changed. He started to refuse to eat meat and fruits. For some two weeks he was living solely on milk and soups. I was at the same time worried about his health and frustrated because I didn't know what to do. During some six months his taste and preferences towards certain foods changed thousand times. And all of a sudden he returned to normal. Basically, I would say that you needn't worry too much. However, it is very important for your daughter to eat all of her food groups to develop properly. When you seat to eat you should try giving her first foods that she refuses to eat and than, if she insists, give her her favorites. If she persists in this kind of behavior, talk to your pediatrician.