Hi, I have positive result for TB test. I am disturbed by long-lasting cough and sweating during night, all tired and in fever, I have no appetite. I left hospital three days ago, and my condition has improved. I have 6 month treatment regime. How can I protect others and avoid spreading infection?

You can infect other people only when you have tuberculosis of the lungs or throat. Tuberculosis in the other parts of the body is not infectious. In most cases, after a few weeks of taking therapy, patients will no longer spread germs to it’s environment. When you are not infectious anymore you can continue your everyday activities without presenting danger to the others. Treatment is conducted by various antituberculotic agents and has to be done for 6-9 month depending on regime which is used. Tuberculosis can be completely cured, when the whole treatment ends up. If not, it could cause many complications and even death.

I just found out that I had a positive TB test yesterday. I have no discernible symptoms. I have gotten different stories. That my body just may have had a bad reaction to the test. That just b/c the test appears to be positive, it does not mean you have TB. That you may have been exposed to TB in the last 2-10 weeks. Does anyone out there have a real answer for me? I do go back in on monday to get re-tested?
This has really rocked my world! I am scared for my loved ones around me! How do I keep this to myself and not infect my family with it!!??