Hi! Recently I find out that I am infected with tuberculosis. Doctor told me that there are difference between TB disease and Tb infection. He told me that I haven’t TB disease. He suggested me preventive treatment. I have family and I worry that I will infect my kids.

Hi! It is important for you to understand that there is a difference between being infected with TB and having TB disease. If you infected with TB you have TB germs, or bacteria, in your body. The body's defenses are protecting you from the germs and you are not sick. Someone with TB disease is sick and can spread the disease to other people. TB is usually spread between family members, close friends, and people who work or live together. TB is spread most easily in closed spaces over a long period of time. Even if you infected with tuberculosis, that does not mean you will get TB disease.
A person who has become infected with TB, but does not have TB disease, may be given preventive therapy. Preventive therapy aims to kill germs that are not doing any damage right now, but could break out later. I hope that you are satisfied with information.