I had an abortion dec. 9th then me and my husband moved i didnt take my antibiotics that i was given. Afterwards we wanted to go ahead and try to have a baby. Well it happen i was pregnant but now the doctors are telling me I am positive for chlamydia now. My husband was tested and his was neg. I have not had sex with any one else. I have talk to doctor after doctor and all they say is its a sexually transmitted diseases. How is this possible? Can you get this from an abortion. The antibiotics the abortion clinics give out is used to mainly treat chlamydia its called Doxycycline why do they give out this antibiotic verses others. Can anyone help by the way i was not positive before i went in for the procedure, HELP

the same thing happened to me. i had an abortion the last week in june and i forget to take the pills they give to take after. i waited the 6 weeks after to have sex and i just got tested last week and was told i have chlamydia. my partner was tested and he doesn't have it. how is any of this possible.?? did something at the abortion clinic give it to me since it was inside me.??

It is possible that somehow you atually got chlamydia from the partner you had before him. It is easier for a man to infect a woman with chlamydia than a woman to infect a man. Did you have a partner before him?