I have a posive tb gold test after mantoux test. But dont have any other symptoms of TB. In my family history no one have TB. And i am newly married, so is it safe for us to make relation and plan for baby. And can i get pregnant if am tb pateint. Please help.

Hi Tany,

Lots of people have positive mantoux results and they don't have TB.  Your doctor should have run additional tests to find out if you do/don't have TB - usually this means a chest X-ray.

You can get pregnant if you are a TB patient but see your doctor first.  If you really do have TB you will be given medication.  You don't want or need to expose a developing fetus to that.

Well my quantiferon TB gold test is also positive with antigen tube 1.80 iu/ml and nil tube is 0.13 iu/ml. So I think I have tb. But I am worried for my future pregnancy that I can get pregnant or not and does TB medication effect my fertility power?

On ur suggetion, i go with a chest x-ray and that find normal scan. Now whats this.
Please help.

Tany,

The quantiferon test can not tell if you have an active case of TB. In some cases you have been exposed and it isn't active.

You should be able to conceive even with TB. It is VERY important that you are being treated for TB (if you have it) while pregnant however. Low birth weight is a common problem if you don't AND in some cases, the baby can be born with TB.

Your doctor can help you with all this. If you don't have one, find one. The internet is not going to help treat this. Everyone is different as well. They can answer your questions in specific terms, not the general terms as we can.

Good luck.