I'm hoping someone can answer a few questions for me re: post-ACDF recovery, problems, nuisances, issues, etc., that my doctor does not seem willing or able to answer. I had ACDF on C6-7 on Jan. 11 and it has been 11 weeks since surgery. Everything seems to be fine as far as range of motion goes, however, I have a constant feeling of pressure in or near my trachea. When I bend forward I feel as though someone is compressing my throat. Does anyone else experience such a problem? Any other problems folks have experienced related to this?

Yep, having some of the same probs. I had ACDF on C4-5 on 9/08/08 and have had some good and bad days. I mostly suffer from excruciating spasms on my right shoulder, I only feel like someone is compressing my throat when I feel like someone is stepping on the back of my neck. If I dont take a muscle relaxer quickly, I usually get a headache and mild dizziness to go along with those problems and I find myself in bed for at least 2 days trying to recover. I'm glad your ROM is good, I can move my neck left and right but I have limited motion, up and down. I've recently gone back to work, but driving is still difficult because of the jarring from pot holes and bumps; I don't dare take public transportation!

I also had acdf july-2011 I am still in alot of pain i feel 100ibs is still on my neck and alot of pressure,hands and fingers are very nomb

yes...be careful 'cause you could be having some funky bone growth if you had ACDF w/allograft containing stem cells. I'm currently experiencing my body morphing into a gelatinous puddle of swelling joints. Steroids for weeks, a brush with SJS, a Rheumatologist, a Pulmonologist, an ENT (the worst experience ever) and still I feel that my body is dying. AS vs stem cells run amok is the current thinking, but I seriously don't think I'm gonna make my sons wedding if someone can't figure this out faster. Research Medtronic Infuse product to start. good luck!

I had ACDF on 01/28/15 and my right shouder down to my elbo feels like someone has left a turnicit tied tight to my arm for days. Below my elbo it aches too & my had feels tinglely with my thumb feeling like it's asleep, and my arm is weaker than normal to the point I feel I'm on the verge of dropping what I have in my hand if I'm not holding it with 2 hands. I also can't use the computer more that a few mins at a time. On top of that this is all happening to the dominate arm and hand. I don't sleep thru the night because it effects my neck, bad shouder pain wakes me up. I'm breaking thru my meds & don't really want to take my narco bc I don't want to sleep all day. If all else fails I do take the narco even though I don't want to.

My question is: is this normal for only having the surgery 2 weeks ago? If so, how long will I be going through this?