Hello. I'm very worried about my mother’s health and I would like to find out more about one operation called anterior cervical discectomy and fusion (ACDF).
For several years, she has problems with her back and spine. You see, about two years ago she was diagnosed with some condition called cervical spondylosis. Her doctor told her at the beginning that no operation should be necessary and that some pain killers and regular back exercises could help but after two years of treatment- there was no improvement. So, the only solution is surgery. Like I already said- the operation is called titanium ACDF and I would like to hear more about this specific operation.

Hello. I have had this ACDF operation done and I will gladly tell you some stuff about it. I have also had pain in neck, shoulder, upper arm and severe muscle spasms and the operation was my only option.
Cervical spondylosis, that your mother developed, is a process whereby degeneration and instability in the spine are compensated by hypertrophy of the supporting ligamentous structures and bony outgrowths. Dissection was via the usual route medial to the carotid sheath but lateral to the tracheo- esophageal bundle.
There are several types of this operation but the one with titanium plate is most common. Good thing about titanium is that titanium does not react in any way so there will be no corrosion, rusting or any other type of reaction.

I'm going in for surgery on the 28 I'm getting acdf 5-7 with fusion what should I expect