This could have been caused by accidental puncture into the space that holds your cerebral spinal fluid (CSF) This puncture can cause CSF to leak out.. Causing a severe headache that has relief when lying down. Usually it will go away on its own in 5-7days, taking caffeine helps. Another option is something called a blood patch

To all that i glanced and saw headaches after spine inject. Well i ha. Spinal anestetic. Got a horrible headached produced by the leaking csf out of you. Spine cavities. Some people close the injection site on their own others tge injection perforation through the tisue of spine does not heal and this leak creates a masive headache i could only crawl withmy head down. Laying down aliviates. I got blood patches but was so dehidrated didnt work. Finaly after6 days of agony, a simple iv with some substance with caffeine took it away in less than 6 minutes. Go talk with anesthesia profesional in ER they know if the dr that worked on u before thiz ocurred gives u the run arround.

I have had two injections, after the first I had two weeks of straight headaches & waves of nausea. After the second injection I laid flat for two days this has really helped control the nausea & headaches,now one week after the second injection I am so swollen I look like a tick!! ( my face especially and now moving into my body.) The positive the neck and arm pain are finally gone!! I am avoiding mirrors!!!

yes i had the same problem your spinal fluid is leaking from the hole they put in you. And its connected to your brain fluid You have brain sag so your nerves are being stretched in your head. You need a blood patch call your doctor

It sounds like it might be stress migraines possibly with panic attacks rule that out and ask for a head ct check for pituitary tumor their usually not cancerous but u might have one. But either way I would talk to a Dr

It has been nearly 3 weeks and cannot believe the headache I have after the same procedure, for starters it hurt like ever during it causing me to throw up, then after was so dizzy couldn't stand and from there it has gotten worse, severe leg pain now in both legs, having hard time getting going to urinate and legs are so weak. Called dr next day and he didn't see any problem, called one more week and offered a blood patch but said may make leg and foot pain worse, gave me a few loritab pills and helped some. I am my witts end. I wish I new what to do next. My back and legs hurt bad and with this headache I really wonder how much a guy has take. I haven't slept more than 2 hrs at a time, it is almost unbearable for an old fireman.

has the heart beating in your head and vibration sound in your ears gone away? I had 2 Lumbar injections and 1 Cervical and after the cervical I had the awful blood rushing to my head and could hear my heart beat and I have blacked out a few times, once in Home Depot and once at work. This was in May of 2014 and I still have no diagnosis even though Kenalog is related to all of this.

Not sure you still check this after a year, but worth a shot. I had lumbar and thoracic esi 16 days ago. I developed a headache one week post injections. Then over the next few days, the HA were still there, but now came dizziness, nausea, tinnitus, overall "off" feeling. My HA isn't positional, I have it regardless of standing or laying. Had blood patch yesterday, mild HA relief, but all other symptoms still present. I too, am a nurse. I can't figure this out. I can hardly function because of the dizziness. I've had meningitis before, many years ago, but I'm starting to wonder if that may be it?? Only difference is its not the killer HA like I had then. Something is wrong, I just don't know what it is. Any thoughts?

I am on day 11 of post injection migraine. Past the point, in my understanding of a spinal headache. I've been sleeping 12-14 hours a day, where I normally sleep 6-7. Has anyone else experienced this too? Also has anyone had MRI's done with headache? Were there any conclusions with imaging? I'm miserable and my family needs me better, however I simply can't function near normal.

Just found ur comment as I am looking for a link between lesi and migraines. I feel my head is going to explode and the scalp is it hung like crazy idk what to do . Er wasn't very helpful they gave me steroid pack

I got a 2nd shot 8-14-15 & on 8-20-15 i thought i was gonna die due to the massive cluster headacheof pain that went all over my head at a rapid pace in all areas of my head. Since then I've had this continual headache that won't go away no matter what pain shots or meds they give me. Two doctors even the one that gave me the injection have no clues as to whatto do n e more or how to treat headaches. Ct scan good, blood work good. Now waiting for MRI. What the hell is happening to me. My brain feels bruised. I cannot shake my head or have a sudden move to my head or pain shoots all over. Anyone else experience this?

I just had an ESI today and the headache is getting worse. This is the second ESI this month for a ruptured disc.Also have bulging disc in the middle of back and 3 back surgeries (one of which had parts, put in). Over 4 years have 14 ESI's. Never had a headache this bad.Lying down does make it better. Have to call my Dr. and see what he wants to do.

You had an air bubble in your spinal column. It felt like a rocket ship shooting up your spinal cord, right? And then headaches for days afterward... They should have immediately laid you back down, until the oxygen dissolved. You just had to wait out the headaches. It was because the doctor got an oxygen bubble in the medicine, when he was squirting it in your spinal column. The same thing happened to me. Now, I always sit up very slowly...

I had 6 facet injections in the lumbar spine 2 days ago., and have a migraine--nothing I have had before, although I do have fibromyalgia and chronic myofascial pain and dysfunction. I am looking on the web for ways to deal with the headache. I have found that, for me, at least part of the headache is due to trigger points in the sternocleidomastoid, lower superficial masseter, and procerus muscles, and perhaps others. I may have had what is called a wet puncture-- a puncture of the dural sac, which can be relieved by the blood patch or bedrest. I am opting for the latter, but have been in touch with the spine clinic. As fibromyalgia is central nervous system n origin (brain and spinal cord), it is an amplifier of any significant irritant or pain. I am going to drink a lot of water and tend to the myofascial trigger points, and look for other trigger points that may be involved in the headache, as I know how to treat them. This seems to be mechanical, rather than allergic.

This is happening to me and my Doctor who performed the shot is ignoring me. What do I do...? Any Help would be appreciated...?