I had a cervical epidural in C6-7 2 days ago. The actual injection was extremely painful with what felt like an electrical shock from my left elbow to my left hand. This is the area that I was expereincing pain and numbness that led to the epidural. I contiued to get extremely sharp pains in my elbow and forearm every 5 to 10 seconds that lterally had me in tears. The hospital staff loaded me up with 3 pain killers including a morphine pump and kept me overnight in the hospital. I have never experienced such pain. No headache or trouble with the injection site. 48 hours later, I still am on Percocet and even the pressure of simply having my shirt sleeve touch my skin in the elbow and forearm area sends me off the charts. Has anyone heard of such a thing?

You may be suffering from the complication of the injection. The spinal cord may have been injured by the injection needle. For more information, please refer to the following post:
www.steadyhealth.com/cervical_epidural_injection_and_side_effect_t59403.html