for about a year now i have been getting a really loud heartbeat sound in my right ear..i9 hear it mostly at night time and in the moring,but now when i hear the heartbeat i am getting thease awful headaches at the same time..it feels like my head is going to pop..i been to the ear doctor i have had a ct scan a whole bodt scan everything abd they said nothing is wrong? HELP ME PLEASE SOMEONE!

Hi there! Heartbeats in your ears are very uncommon type of sensation in the ear. It is probably caused by blood flowing in veins and arteries and other smaller vessels in the neck, skull, and eat. But, it can be also a symptom of more dangerous disorder and should be examined by a doctor. It can be caused also by hypertension, abrupt alteration in veins or arteries, and heart murmur. So for start, you could check your blood pressure. Chronic ear infections or irritations in the middle part of your ear can cause heartbeat rhythm in your ears. Another common reason for that is discharge in middle ear. You should get it checked by an ear, nose and throat doctor. Good luck.

Are your headaches worse when coming into a sitting or standing position and do they lessen when you lay down? Is the headache a pulling down sensation as well? Have doc check for cerebral spinal fluid leak. They can not see that in a cat scan...and even if determined you have low CSF, they may not be able to find the leak or tear. it may be a simple case of chronic dehydration too...

I had a Spontaneous CSF leak that I was hospitalized for...after two weeks, and two high volume blood patches, I'm home still laying flat, drinkging tons of fluid, caffeine and hoping for the best. the headaches are different from anythiing ever experienced - pain beyond wildest imagination.

A Commercial running currently about ucsf medical center, and the actor said the he was suffering from bad headaches. The doctor asked if he could hear his heard beat? I'm not sure if you have found a cure, but if not I eould call ucsf.

what you have is possibly dural arteriovenous fistulae.

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** web addresses not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

You may have intracrainal hypertension. Ask your opthalmologist to check the optic nerve to swelling.