Here goes...My husband had a vasectomy two years and nearly 4 months ago. He never went in to get the counts done so we really don't know if it took or not. I have not used any other forms of birth control. My last period was Oct. 15. I did take some tests and all were neg. This happened with one of my other children and ended up finding out through a blood test that I was 8 wks along. I have headaches, back pain, acne breakouts, soreness, some nausea, extremely tired, I think my breasts may be a little larger, and more. I have four kids so I know what it feels like to be pregnant, but when the test comes out neg. it is hard to accept that you might be. I would be delighted to have another baby, but my doc. says it is impossible for me to get pregnant since my husband had a vasectomy. He didn't do a blood test when i went in and said I was perfectly normal. Great!!!! I am not sure what to do now. I don't want to wait until i am 16 weeks or longer to find out that I am really pregnant. Oh, my husband is deploying in a few months and the kids and I are moving states to be closer to family. This puts a kink in things a little but. Any suggestions?

Hi Tara! A vasectomy as just like a tubal ligation are NOT 100% fool proof against becoming pregnant! Below is a link showing you the failure rates.

http://www.thelaboroflove.com/articles/what-are-the-chances-of-getting-pregnant-after-a-vasectomy/

Due to you having symptoms of pregnancy, I would suggest you having a blood test to rule it in or out1 This will be definitive especially since it's been well over a month since your last period! Plese let me know how you make out OK? Good luck and health!

I will answer like this, Yes it is possible......No matter what preventive steps we take to prevent pregnancy a woman can and will get pregnant.....Life comes from God not from our action....I DO NO! Believe it or not.
Prepare to welcome your baby into the world.....there is a plan for him/her.