My husband and I, we think our family is complete. We have three great kids and want to make sure it stays that way! We don't want any more kids, so we are ready to do something permanent about it. I don't want to take the pill any more, and I also don't want to get my tubes tied because there are risks involved and I have already given birth three times so I feel I have done my bit! My husband is a bit scared, and I do understand! But if you compare it to getting my tubes tied, I really think а vasectomy is a better option. I think he should put on his brave face and do it any way. I am doing some investigations into what the side effects could be and what the pros and cons of a vasectomy are. Can you help?

Hi! I think you are quite right! Your husband should get the vasectomy. I had a vasectomy last year and it was successful and the procedure did not hurt a bit. It was uncomfortable for a couple of days afterwards, but it was no real bother at all, and I am very happy we did it. Our sex life has actually improved after the vasectomy and it does not influence libido and erection either.