I am 34 and my husband had a vasectomy 10 years ago.My last normal period was around July 8.Around the time I would have started in Aug all I did was spot a couple of days brown and pinkish.Now this month nothing.I'm a week over and am having other symptoms like sore tingling breasts,nausa,lower back discomfort,a feeling like fullness in my lower stomach and light cramping.I have had three other children and the only other time I remember feeling this way I was pregnant.

I was wondering the same thing. Has anyone DH had a vasectomy 10 years or more and became pregnant?

I work in an abortion clinic, and work in womens healthcare in general..

Vasectomies can fail, and are more likely to fail than a tubal ligation. It is possible that you could be pregnant, as nothing is 100% =(

If you are having signs you should take an EARLY pregnancy test.

Its been exactly 10 yrs since my husband had a vasectomy, he didnt get any sperm tests etc after , but this is the first time I have had a late period or experienced early pregnancy symptoms since his vasectomy, I have a 13 yr old daughter and a 15 yr old son and I am 36 yrs old.

my husband had a vasectomy almost 7 years ago with his ex wife they thought they were done. i have never had any babies and i pray everyday for a miracle but sometimes i feel like i'm crazy for doing so...
trish

Were you pregnant ??? I am having same problem, last period before Xmas, sore boobs, but husband had a vasectomy 10 years ago after our 3rd child was born.

Trish,

It is very normal for most women to want to experience pregnancy and giving birth to their own children. If you pray everyday for this you should talk to your husband. At least then you will know he is willing to have more children or not. If he is then he can get a Reversal Vascectomy. If he is not, then you will need to decide how important having your own child is to you.

I have the same problem as the others. My youngest is 13 and I am 42. My husband's vasectomy was around 10yrs ago. I have missed 1 period here and there occasionally, but I haven't gad one now since January 1st.

My husband had his vasectomy 10 yrs ago after our 3rd child. My periods are so regular I know when my period will start. This March I started on the 8th and then AGAIN on the 18th. I thought I was dying! Went to the doctor and he said I was in perimenopausal. Ok, I'm 44 yrs old so it could be. I don't have any symptoms of menopause and I have no health problems. I had a ct scan late in January for a kidney stone and all my parts looked great. - except the kidney stone part. So 2 periods in March. Now its April and no period! I have nausea, low back ache and a little fatigue. Maybe I should get a pregnancy test! I would welcome another little one but geez, I was thinking the next baby in the family would be a grand-baby!!

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

I am going through the same thing right now, my husband had a vasectomy almost 10 years ago (this Dec) anyway I had my period on the 9th of July & then started again on July 25th. I have never had two periods in one month before. Yesterday there was a discharge coming from my left breast and my right one is really sore. Do you think I'm going through the change?? I am 33 years old. Please can anyone help or should I see a doctor once I stop bleeding?? Thank You

Hi! its been about ten years since my husband had a vasectomy we have 3 kids the youngest is 12 now i wont a baby he dont know this .but is it imposible? i think a reversal is out of the Q i guess we i can just pray and keep trying what do you think my chances are?

It has been awhile since this thread was started. Has anyone found out if they are pregnant? My husband had a vasectomy 8 years ago this month. I was pregnant with our 3rd child at the time. I am 36 now and am very concerned about being pregnant. I have been getting nausous every day and I should have started my period the other day. I think I worry so much because my husband's brother-in-law has a nephew who is the same age as my daughter even though his father had a vasectomy 8 years before he was born.
I just went to the store to buy a test, but chickened out. I am considering sterilization for myself, just so we have double protection.

Hi momoftrk3,

Just read that you are thinking of sterilization yourself. I'm not trying to influence your decision but would like to inform you that I've read a lot of negative things about having tubes tied (i suppose this is the procedure you are thinking of). I just wanted to advise you to do a lot of checking and reading on the topic before you acctually decide to do it.

Although ovaries should still continue to produce sex hormones after tubes being tied, many women go through devastating menopause symptoms following the procedure and often think about reversing.

Since you are 36, it would be shame having to go through these problems at this early age and having to take care of your three children.

There are many posts related to negative effects of having tubes tied on the board, so I would advise you AGAIN (:)) to go through these posts so you could make an educated decision.

Well, I'm about 2 days late for my period (and I'm NEVER late!). I'm 37 years old, and have thought I'd gotten my period a couple days ago, but nothing. Same thing happened though with my other two children... My husband had a vasectomy about 9 years ago, but he and I have been discussing a reversal for several years now, but are turned off by the $$ and the low chance of it working. We love our 2 daughters, but would love to have more now. We regret getting the vasectomy but it was right for us at the time.

I am 33 going on 34 and have 3 healthy children 5 years ago we decided to have the vasectomy and I have regreted ever since. I almost died in an accident and we both want another child, everyday I pray it will happen on it's own but IVF seems to be the only way to go. Can anyone give me hope?