I've been with my boyfriend for 5 years ago. He had a vasectomy about 11 years ago. My period is usually right on time but I'm 10 days late. I have back ache and cramping. Is it possible I could still be pregnant?

Hi Ct,

It may be possible.

Did he go back for followup testing?  To verify that it was successful?  In rare occasions it may also self-reverse but the odds are very low.

Take a home test.

Good luck.

I'm not sure if he went back for testing but we've been having unprotected sex for 5 years now and not had any problems?

Take the home test, to rule it out. It's simple, fast, and inexpensive. Just use your first morning urine for best results.

You can sometimes miss a period but with the cramping and backache, it's worth a test.

If it continues, and no period, see your doctor.

I was at the doctors last week for a health check, she did a urine test then and it was negative. She advised if I still haven't had my monthly present in a week to do a HPT, still nothing but waiting is driving me mad. Was just wondering if anyone out there has got pregnant this long after vasectomy?

My fiance had a vasectomy done 1 year ago, and never had his sperm checked to see if all the swimmers were gone. Is it possible I could get pregnant after one year and him not ejaculating 20 times?