Hello. I'm 24 year old female and some strange problems are troubling me. I'm pregnant for about two months and everything about my pregnancy is going just fine. But, just the other day, when I was reading some book, I have noticed that my vision was pretty decreased. I thought that it could be some temporary problem due to tiredness or something.
But the problem has kept troubling me for the whole week and I decided to go to the ophthalmologist for a glasses.
I can't believe that this is happening to me. This could be stupid question but -could this be something due to my pregnancy?

First of all, I can tell you only that your question is far from stupid. This is very common problem among pregnant women.
Your eyes are affected by the same build-up of fluids that may give you thickened ankles or bloating. Vision can become slightly impaired due to the fluctuations in hormone levels.
The cornea on you eyeball becomes too thick. This is because higher levels of a hormone, called progesterone, make the cells bloat up.
You shouldn’t be worried about this at all because the good thins about all this is that is completely temporary problem.
As soon as you deliver your child, you could throw away your glasses because your vision will be the same it was before the pregnancy.

hi
i experienced the same problems with my last pregnancy but thankfully this problem resolved itself about 3 wks after giving birth. so don't worry it is definitely your hormones, and it will resolve itself.
all the bestangelia wrote:

:)

my eyesight has steadily gotten worse since i've delivered my baby. it's been 5 months now and i haven't resumed to the way i was before w/ my eyesight. anyone know if it's normal? can pregnancy cause your eyes to get worse afterward?

the same thing happened to me. i have always had 20/20 vision until i got pregnant. i remember, i even sat at the last row of my large college lecture hall. i think using the computer in the dark contributed to it too but my vision never got better.

Guest wrote:

Pregnancy can make your eyesight worsen. It happened to me too. It's been 3 months since I gave birth and it still hasn't returned to "normal" (the way it was before getting pregnant). I too spend a lot of time in front of the computer, so this could be contributing.....I definitely need to have my eyesight checked :shock:

Since givng birth to my last child 15yrs ago I have not been able to drive in the dark and nobody can seem to help me understand why , my eyesight during daylight is fine , even the Opticians look at me as if I was mad when I say what a handicap this is and ask if anything can be done to restore it .

My eyesight hasn't gotten better and it's been 5 months since I gave birth. I've always had the best vision. I have heard that it may be related to breastfeeding? Did anyone's improve when they stopped breastfeeding?