had gallbladder surgery in dec 2012. had a lot of pain after surgery for about 2 weeks. one of the side effects i had was i had blurry vission in my right eye. the doc's can't figure out what caused it. my vision was good going into surgery but when i came out i noticed real blurry vision in just my right eye. it has not really gotten any better and its almost 3 to 4 months later. anyone else with the same thing happen to them?? please email me.

***post is edited by moderator ***private e-mails not allowed*** Please read our Terms of Use

thank you!

Well i have pain at the location of the gallbladder which affects my right eye so yes i agree something in there is associated with that eye it stands to reason digestion is initiated oftem by sight or smell

Hi, just read your post. I had Gallbladder removal March 2nd 2014.No problems, went very well. only had the one attack
I have also got a problem with my right eye. Seems strange, it's almost normal indoors, but when I go outdoors , just doesn't seem quite right. I am however going to give this problem a wee bit longer, how long should I wait?. I do wear glasses.

Hi, I just got a gallbladder surgery and after that my vision is really blurry, before I was fine. Did you find an answer??

Yes! Had surgery 3 years ago and My vision has never been the same. I was blind for more than a half hour but told normal. My vision was forever worsened. Blurry but both eyes. Somehow this surgery set my vision back. When I told the gall bladder surgeon at follow up he said not usual and had no answer. I regret in ever followed up in case something got damaged. He did say they taped my eyes during surgery. Perhaps they get too rough with pressure and have caused damage?

I had my gallbladder surgery a week ago and I my right eye is very blurred. It also aches. So strange that this has happened to others! Did yours clear up over time?

Ok, I'm glad I found this post because I thought it was just me! I had my gb removed 3 weeks ago and have noticed that the vision in my right eye is noticeably blurry. I'm hoping it clears up but I'm worried as it's been 3 weeks since my surgery with no improvement :(

Wow I that the vision was just another odd condition until I read all theses post. It's been almost 2 weeks since I had my gallbladder removed. Same thing blurred vision since it was done

Hey did your vision ever improve? I had my gallbladder removed 4 days ago and my vision is terrible since. No answers as to why!

Me too, gallbladder out two weeks ago, blurriness in left eye though.

Hi I've just had my gallbladder removed yesterday and as woke up I told the nurse my right eye felt like there was something in it they couldn't find anything and flushed it for my telling me it might be a reaction to the tape they use during surgery
My vision in this eye is very blurred and seams offset to my left like a ghost image below what my left is seeing.

I thought it was just me! I woke from surgery 2 weeks ago And felt like I had something in my eye, it was really sore and red, the surgeon prescribed drops, but it's still blurry! And also I've noticed everyone says the right eye, does anyone know why this is?

Hello.. I know this is a really old post. Did your eyesight get and better? My symptoms are just like your problem, vision is worse in my right eye and better indoors than outside..
My surgery was weeks ago and hasn't changed. Doctors have never heard of it happening.

Thanks

Thanks