Hi, I am 37 years old and I had classic virus flu. It did last for a week with the usual symptoms. The problem is, after the flu was gone I started having headaches and vision problems. Could flu be causing all that? If it is, what should I do, does that mean that the virus is still present?

Well, there are many situations in which headaches and vision problems occur. Headache is one of the common flu symptoms. There might be a chance that your immune system is so weak that the flu virus attacked other symptoms. But there is also a possibility that those vision issues are caused by something completely different.

Hi there,
You have to know that you might have problems with eye during the flu and they can be persistent for few more days after the flu is gone but it should not last too long. In my opinion something else is causing your vision problems and headaches. What kind of medication were you using to treat the flu? I am asking this because there is a chance that you are allergic to some of the medication or this could also be a side effect from the same medication. Have you read the possible side effects of the medicine? If this continues to be a problem I would suggest that you run some visual test.
I hope this was helpful.

if any person having eye flu ,his/her eye may become blurry
..
.
Put eye drops and take a cloth put some ice on it and heel yor eye

In few days your problam is shotout

I currently have the flu and am trying to do online school work and just noticed my vision is so blurry and my glasses are not helping me. I
I do believe it is cause by flu or maybe the medication. So weird and scary.

I'm sorry to say that I'm so happy to have read this! I am toward the end of my flu, and my vision is exactly as you described... Has your vision been restored since you've been better? I surely hope so for your sake and mine!

It is sorta bittersweet that I stumbled across this topic. I am at the end of week 2 with the flu and literally I feel my eyesight has gone down hill fast. With that said - two other adults I know are experiencing the symptoms after contracting the flu. **Note out of the three of us only one took the prescribed flu medication. All three of us live in the same Parish in Louisiana.
Has anyone's eyesight repaired itself?

I'm on day 12 with flu and bronchitis and the last 7 days my vision has been difficult. I wear glasses 24/7, normally vision is corrected with them but now everything is blurry and strained

So has anyone’s eyes improved after they got better from the flu?

This is me. I can’t drive because of this. Thank goodness I can work from home. I did not take any antivirus medicine but did take an antibiotic.

Mine has not yet, I feel mine actually got worse at the tail end of my being sick. My daughter is getting the same thing! I Hope it gets better it is making me nauseous.

I'm so glad that I found this thread. I, too, am on day 3 of the flu, fever has come down, and I anticipate that I'm getting better. however, I am now finding that my eyesight is blurry. I only have glasses for reading and while my reading glasses still help, it's as if my sight has gotten worse in just hours, and there is a "film" over my eyes. Like all of the responders on this thread, I am concerned about it. I have not seen this symptom broadly reported as a "regular" one of the flu. I'll be sure to call my doctor in the morning.

I'm so glad I ran across the articles on people had the flu and their vision was blurry also. I was worry that I was the only one had the flu,and it affect my eyes sight. I pray that OUR eyes will heal.

During the flu at the end of December 2017 I began having double vision. Went to emergency room to rule out serious issues. Went to opthalmologist got a prescription for prismatic glasses. But by the time I received the glasses my vision had returned to normal. Yes the flu can cause double vision. Most definitely.

Yes. My double vision was so bad I went to emergency room then opthalmologist who prescribed prism glasses but by the time received my vision returned to normal. This was the flu from hell.