What is the safe distancen from TV? This is very urgent so pls answer quickly XD XD ?

Hi there, there isn't really such a thing as a safe distance from the TV--it is definintely an old tale that you can hurt yourself by sitting too close to the TV. It is true that you may suffer from eye strain or something along those lines if you sit too close so I think that you could say that you can sit a respectful distance away, perhaps say 5 to 10 feet just to make sure? I hope that this helps. Let me know how this works for you. Why do you ask?

Well I think that this is all individual thing. It all depends on how well does someone see. For instance I have to wear glasses for vision. And when I take them off I don't see TV good from some distance. So I have to gt closer. But with my glasses I can go further from TV. It is the same thing if you look at your computer monitor and a TV.

When I'm at my computer monitor I actually try to stay a certain distance if I can. I know that I definitely get some eyestrain if I don't keep a slight distance. I think it can be pretty bad for your eyes if you aren't too careful, or at least tough for your eyes to adjust.

There really is no hard and fast rule here. I remember when i was little i used to hear, "move back from the set, your going to ruin your eyes" That's not so true. The only thing that may happen is that you may get tired eyes or maybe a headache, that's about it. Same with the computer. I sit with my lap top directly on my lap and it's very close to my eyes. If i'm on to long my eyes get strained and tired and my neck hurts.
I have a hard time being on the computer at nite, that's when my eyes hurt the most. I suppose if i turned the light on i'd be fine but i use a little book lite hooked on to the lap top.

But this is then individual thing. It is all how much your eyes can take, or your head. :-)
Well after several hours of watching in my monitor sometimes I get a headache but it is not really that often. My eyes are a different thing. Usually I try to have a lite behind me, not in front of my monitor or behind it. It is easier for me to watch it.
My parents also used to told me, don't get too close to TV. :-) I think every parent says this to his child. :-)

Actually, you might want to do a bit of research on the effects of EMF (Electro-Magnetic-Field)on the most sensitive parts of your body, namely your eyes, and your testes (assuming you are male). With an LCD TV, you are safe at almost ANY distance. But if you have a Plasma, or Analog CRT type television, then you need to stay a minimum distance from the set, because of the EMF surrounding it. It's not the VISIBLE that harms your eyes when looking at a TV, as much as it is the INVISIBLE EMF, that harms your eyesight.

I have a 3 year old brother who watches TV for most of the day and always insists on sitting less than a meter away from the screen, I can't help but think what that must be doing to his eyes and how do i get him to stop siting so close........
***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

5 FEET EVEN BEFOE 1968