Law school ruined my eyesight. I've worn contacts or glasses ever since, and every year the prescription puts another layer on the end of the coke bottle...

I'm running in thetoday, with sweat running into my eyes, making my contacts burn like crazy, and for the first time, I considered looking into surgery to fix my nearsightedness. I'm always fighting with my stupid contact lenses.

Anybody here had surgery like this? Any of you have perfect vision?

I have been wearing glasses since I was 11 or 12 and I'm used to it. I will not contacts though-I don't like the idea of sticking a lens into my eyes and besides I think it's too much work to maintain contacts. However I do agree that running with prescription glasses on is a bit of a hassle especially with all that jiggling on my face during the run. Laser eye surgery will be nice but it seems kinda risky...

I used to have perfect vision. Now at age 44 I think I need to go to the eye doctor because I'm noticing that some things aren't quite as easy to focus on as they used to be.

my arms aren't long enough anymore. if you're over 40, you probably understand that.

my husband is really thinking about the eye fix too.

Just quit trying to read all the fine print on beer labels and you will be just fine.

With the new "no rub" contact solutions, I find wearing contacts way too easy. Literally, a couple seconds to put them on in the morning and take them out at night. Over 20-years of wearing them and never a prob.

Hey G, you gotta quick shaving your eyebrows... that'll keep the sweat out of your eyes :P

I for now have perfect vision. So I really don't understand when office coversation turn to hilarious hijinks of saline solution or whatever. :umno:

I wear contacts, and other than not caring for them as often as i should (i have one pair a year, so i need to do enzyme cleaning), i have no problems with them on runs or when i sweat.

The eye surgery does sound tempting, though.

One of the CPA's in our firm did it, and he went from Coke Bottles to reading glasses. He was out for a couple of days and then he was goodtahgo.

Check it out.

I've got great sightage...nevah been tested but I can still tell the difference between green and red, so I'm golden...

Aaahh... the lovely sound of getting older...

I think he's more worried about the "pictures" er, I mean the articles he's having trouble focusing on....
Mr Aire is considering going to contacts although he has no problem running with his glasses on. He's also considering having the surgery done, too.
With this new world of contacts, how do they do at waterparks? Glasses are a pain in the bottom at waterparks.

I had PRK. I now see 20/12.5 in both eyes, which is like, freaking BIONIC, dude!

I highly recommend it. I'm sure LASIK is just as good. It wasn't an option for me, though.

I have been in corrective lenses since 3rd grade!!! I think I am beyond 20/400 without any lenses. So please don't mind me when I break these out :stalker:

I would love to get the eye surgery but I don't have the money for it :-(