Hi, I am 56 years old and I am supposed to go for a cataract surgery next week. I know that this is something that has to be done, my eyesight is really poor because of this condition, but must admit that I am somewhat frightened with the operation itself. Anyone had any bad experience with cataract operation?

You must know that if you do not go for this surgery, or try something else; your eyesight will stay poor. As for the procedure itself, you have to know that it is very common today and performed all over the world each day. Of course, there might be some complications, but they happen really rarely and the improvement it brings to the patient is very obvious, shortly after the procedure is done.

II've had nothing but complications since my july 2008 surgery almost 3 months ago. still using all kinds of eye drops and my vision is worsening. cloudy vision, dim vision, glare from lights, and a darkness like looking through a dirty window, poor sight and the eye glasses prescribed cause annoyance because they haven't corrected the vision adequately.